Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I give it 48 hours max before Bishop Briggs disappears off this thread again for another six months when the full reality of the deal starts to be absorbed

There was no point in arguing with the idiots who said that the EU would not agree to a free trade deal.

The schadenfreude of the Remainers' seethe is absolutely glorious. 

I look forward to the SNP voting against the trade deal next week. 

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's nonsense. Comprehensive travel insurance has been remarkably cheap and very few people use the EHIC.

I've got several family members with very serious medical conditions. They have been able to get cheap cover easily.

In recent months, TUI have been offering very cheap Covid cover to the most vulnerable customers.

I am sure that will last when every man and their dug no longer has EHIC and has to claim on their insurance.

Get real. It will end up just like every other health insurance system on the planet, from the American health care system to pet insurance. They will cover you to be sick once. After that you pay premium or you are f@cked.

I am sure that will last when every man and their dug no longer has EHIC and has to claim on their insurance.
Get real. It will end up just like every other health insurance system on the planet, from the American health care system to pet insurance. They will cover you to be sick once. After that you pay premium or you are f@cked.
With wee get out clause T+C's too?

Just now, git-intae-thum said:

I've claimed my holiday insurance due to family illness and the renewal premums stayed the same afterwards. IKt all depends on the quality and terms of the cover. If you choose a cheap and crap insurer, you pay the price later. In our case, the EHIC was fucking useless. In most Spanish resorts, the doctors and hospitals can't be bothered with the bureaucracy. 

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

There was no point in arguing with the idiots who said that the EU would not agree to a free trade deal.

The results of the deal are we got almost f**k all. A few more fish in future years and some sovereignty. The EU carved out a huge piece of the UK economy for itself and left us with the scraps.

They won the negotiations as soon as they took financial passporting off the table. In balance of trade we got shafted.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

With pre-existing conditions and no reciprocal health care deal, insurance costs would be prohibitive. My current provider just point blank refused. I'll be going anyway, just uninsured. 

I have to ask.  If you have conditions so serious you can’t get insurance and travelled just on your EHIC how did you expect to get home if something did happen?

12 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

You don't think the UK got absolutely fucked royally on financial passporting?

13 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Travel outside Europe has no EHIC.  Still very cheap for decent cover, even to America, the land of the wallet biopsy.

i’m genuinely astounded that people are latching onto health insurance as a big loss. It costs a couple of quid for insurance travelling to Europe.  Why on earth are people thinking that will suddenly skyrocket?

i’m even more surprised people would travel to Europe relying on their EHIC for medical cover.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Travel outside Europe has no EHIC.  Still very cheap for decent cover, even to America, the land of the wallet biopsy.

i’m genuinely astounded that people are latching onto health insurance as a big loss. It costs a couple of quid for insurance travelling to Europe.  Why on earth are people thinking that will suddenly skyrocket?

i’m even more surprised people would travel to Europe relying on their EHIC for medical cover.

This.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

This is just stupid.

If you have existing health conditions and are of a certain age, it does not cost "a couple of quid" to get travel insurance for the states.

It might do for Europe .....at the moment.....because of ehic

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:
Legal obligation or not, the reality is that doctors in holiday resorts want cash or a credit card payment.

Bullshit, not if you present your card. Utter nonsense, you've just made that up.

Mine was refused in Fuerteventura in 2015. The doctor wanted cash or a credit card payment. 

Have you ever needed to present your card on holiday?

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

This is just stupid.

If you have existing health conditions and are of a certain age, it does not cost "a couple of quid" to get travel insurance for the states.

It might do for Europe .....at the moment.....because of ehic

EHIC has zero bearing on the cost of travel insurance.  If it did it would be a pre-requisite to getting an insurance policy, which it isn’t.

I never said it was a couple of quid to the States.  I said to Europe.  I said it was very cheap to the States.

I have a pre-existing condition and my last policy to Europe was around £10.  My last to the USA around £20 and a worldwide annual policy 3 years ago was about £60 I think

Mine was refused in Fuerteventura in 2015. The doctor wanted cash or a credit card payment. 
Well you should have reported him or gone to another doctor. You may have to pay an initial payment if that's the same that locals have but you had exactly the same rights thereafter.

43 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
48 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
I give it 48 hours max before Bishop Briggs disappears off this thread again for another six months when the full reality of the deal starts to be absorbed

This...Happy Christmas mate!

Merry Christmas, brother. Hope you're keeping it real and that Santa is good to you.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Well you should have reported him or gone to another doctor. You may have to pay an initial payment if that's the same that locals have but you had exactly the same rights thereafter.

Perhaps but don't call me liar or accuse me of making it up. 

There are lots of holiday doctors who want money up front because competition is fierce and they need the cashflow to pay the bills.

The schemes and promises of the government schemes are worthless if the practitioners can't afford them.