Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

30 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

[mention=40809]strichener[/mention] You are correct, but I think[mention=30062]Welshbairn[/mention]. and you were saying the same thing. WB articulated that his employer had to up leave to meet directive; and tbf if UK wanted to reduce this they can't reasonably do so until next year.

I don't want to labour the point as it is Christmas.  However, the EU mandates a minimum of 4 weeks (See here and Here)

Annual leave

Beyond the daily and weekly rest periods, your staff has the right to at least 4 weeks of paid holidays per year. You cannot replace these holidays with a payment unless the employment contract has ended before the staff member has used up all their annual leave.

The UK currently has 28 days paid leave which is more than the working time directive stipulates as the minimum.

Anyway Merry Christmas to you both.

Guardian reporting that Northern Ireland will still have access to the EHIC (paid for by Dublin), and also continue to be part of the Erasmus scheme.....Scotland-out of both now.

49 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

That will be Manston Airfield near Broadstairs in Kent.
Am I the only person who thinks it is just a coincidence that BJ announced the deal in the middle of the afternoon on Christmas Eve when most of the country is on the build up to what limited festivities they can have this year.
I am almost surprised he didn’t do the announcement in a Santa outfit though he did manage a Brussel Sprouts quip in it.
It leaves almost no time for any proper scrutiny of the deal by Parliament. Why do I get the feeling that’s how he had planned it all along.

I thought he was a bumbling, buffoonish, Etonian twit?

If he engineered it this way it shows a combination of intelligence, cunning and forward planning, none of which he was supposed to possess.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, sparky88 said:
Massive opportunity for NI. Wouldn't surprise me if businesses relocate to Belfast now

Absolutely, great for them. Fantastic opportunity

I daresay the Executive will find some way to f*** it up.

24 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Massive opportunity for NI. Wouldn't surprise me if businesses relocate to Belfast now

There is, of course, a risk to that with the (possibly remote) notion of Irish unification.

We've (to a big extent) dealt with the EU issue but the issue of iJock remains and, were I Boris, I'd question the building of naval vessels in Govan and Scotstoun.  OK so it would cost us massively to reinvest elsewhere but this iteration of Jocks hate Britain anyway so where is the loss?

Edit:  Given the theoretical (though unlikely) situation of a vote in favour of Scottish independence what would happen with iJock out of the EU and with no deal agreed with rUK?

That's a realistic possibility for the gonks.

Edited by The_Kincardine

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well with that bigot in charge...............

That's no way to talk about Michelle

See the source image

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Most people won't experience the downside, as long as they don't mind going back to eating what fruit and veg are domestic/in season, never go on holidays abroad ....

Beyond a few weeks of hold ups in January/February while people get used to the new requirements, there isn't going to be a general shortage of imported fruit and veg, and even then, why wouldn't you be able to get the strawberries from Egypt, blueberries from Chile and beans from Peru that I've eaten in the last couple of days?

I'm not sure why you think people won't be able to go on holiday.

.. don't have kids and grandkids who will demand of them, "what the actual fűck were you lot thinking of?"...

That's definitely going to be an issue for some people, to be fair, but I still doubt it will affect most people.

Guest Bob Mahelp
42 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The medieval proddie bigots in the Norn Iron executive will always, always tow the UK government line. 

38 minutes ago, bendan said:

I'm not sure why you think people won't be able to go on holiday.

With pre-existing conditions and no reciprocal health care deal, insurance costs would be prohibitive. My current provider just point blank refused. I'll be going anyway, just uninsured.