Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, ayrmad said:
Where have I said they were. 

Who were you referring to then when you said it was "tough titties you Brexit loving clowns". Read to me it was towards Prawn fisherman as it was in a post about their catch rotting ?

I was referring to an individual whose bleatings were being aired on the BBC yesterday, might be wrong but I'm sure he's a Brexiteer, I will not give houseroom to the bleatings of any Brexit fan who is adversely affected by anything any EU nation does. 

I do have great sympathy for his employees that did see this shitshow coming in the event of a Leave vote. 

Edited by ayrmad

53 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I was referring to an individual whose bleatings were being aired on the BBC yesterday, might be wrong but I'm sure he's a Brexiteer, I will not give houseroom to the bleatings of any Brexit fan who is adversely affected by anything any EU nation does. 

I do have great sympathy for his employees that did see this shitshow coming in the event of a Leave vote. 

That may well have been Jimmy Buchan as he was on Radio Scotland a lot yesterday........simply incredible that they never even asked him about him campaigning for Brexit   Scotland's fishermen look forward to EU referendum - BBC News  He was also the Tory candidate for Banff and Buchan

Fair enough my misinterpretation. Shellfish fishermen realised 100% that their market was almost without exception Europe and a lot of it has to go live so cannot face delays.

Incidentally during the early summer when the European restaurants were closed boats in Troon and Ardrossan were selling crab, lobster and prawns direct to the public off their boats via Facebook. We bought prawns and they were magic and a fraction of the usual cost (£7 a kilo I posted pictures somewhere on the food thread at the time)

Being splashed across the media that a Brexit deal is imminent.
Will we have taken back control?
No, but the ramping up of English regional tiers and a new South African super-strain of Covid, never mind everyone looking forward to the Queen's Christmas message, sorry Christmas, will provide the perfect timing to 'bury bad news'. There's no way the UK hasn't woken up and sniffed the coffee.

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Fair enough my misinterpretation. Shellfish fishermen realised 100% that their market was almost without exception Europe and a lot of it has to go live so cannot face delays.

Incidentally during the early summer when the European restaurants were closed boats in Troon and Ardrossan were selling crab, lobster and prawns direct to the public off their boats via Facebook. We bought prawns and they were magic and a fraction of the usual cost (£7 a kilo I posted pictures somewhere on the food thread at the time)

Same up north. Could get a cooked and dressed lobster for buttons off straight off the boat.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I will be interested to see the text of the deal.  I predict it will be far closer to the EU’s initial position that the UK’s one.

Aye this - My eyes will be on fishing. I think the number of EU vessels in UK waters increased in years 3 and 5 after the deal but I’ll need to see the finer detail.

15 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Aye this - My eyes will be on fishing. I think the number of EU vessels in UK waters increased in years 3 and 5 after the deal but I’ll need to see the finer detail.

It looks like we're still giving away 75% of the fish we don't like :wacko: but Boris has reduced the transition period by 6 months - top negotiating! 

Barnier said the EU had offered a six-year transition period for phasing in a 25% reduction in the catch by value taken by European fleet in British waters, with access guaranteed to a six to 12 nautical mile zone from the British coastline.

Downing Street had tabled a counter-proposal of a three-year transition period with a 60% reduction – and no access to the nautical zone. Barnier said this issue would have to be settled by Von der Leyen and Johnson with the input of the concerned EU capitals.

The compromise is likely to involve a transition period of five and a half years to phase in the changes, sources said, with the UK accepting a 25% repatriation of quotas.

Having said that I might have it all wrong as The Sun says he's played a blinder and compares him to Winston Churchill...

THE SUN SAYS 

Boris played a blinder to secure imminent Brexit trade deal just when the economy needed it

and

With Covid and Brexit, Boris has had a year from hell, under far greater pressure than any Prime Minister since Winston Churchill. But it looks as if he has defied his critics again.

What else can you say but Hail Boris, King of the World! :king

Edited by btb