Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

It's completely in the eus interest for us to leave with no deal. 3 months of it and who is going to be more desperate for any type of agreement - us or them? 

If they actually wanted to punish us as so many of the mentalists seem to believe, that's what they'd have done from the start. 

15 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What planet are London media outlet people on when they frame stories as the EU will need to budge or it will be No deal? The UK is the smaller economy involved with more to lose, and it's quite possible that at least some EU leaders actually want a No Deal Brexit to severely mess up the UK pour discourager les autres.

The planet where they make profit from selling papers... 

The only sensible thing to do is have an extension to the transition period.  It’s so obvious.  Even rabid Brexiteers should realise that Covid has been a game changer.

However it won’t happen as the U.K. government has not applied sense at any time in the process.

Yep. Anyone with an iota of intelligence would realise we should delay this for now. Conversely, the absolutely horrific situation at the moment will make the Brextremists even more determined to force through their nonsense so that they can blame all the inevitable hardship on Covid.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

What is Brexit voters obsession with fishing, I can get why immigration is a big thing for them but who gives a shit about fishing outside the fishing communities?

The West Coast and Island fishermen (my family among them) are going to suffer badly because of this. Pretty much all of my uncle's catch goes to the EU. 

They only support the fishing communities it suits them to. 

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

What is Brexit voters obsession with fishing, I can get why immigration is a big thing for them but who gives a shit about fishing outside the fishing communities?

Probably can't stand the thought of French fishermen in british waters. Jimmy Buchan, everyone's favourite Tory and leave campaigner today demanding to be compensated for France closing their border and costing Scottish fisheries money. 

The only part of Brexit I'm looking forward to is  either when the French refuse to allow British boats to land in French ports or when they get sold out by the Tories. 

The West Coast and Island fishermen (my family among them) are going to suffer badly because of this. Pretty much all of my uncle's catch goes to the EU. 
They only support the fishing communities it suits them to. 

Aye you have to feel for fishermen and farmers who weren’t in favour as sadly the right wing press kept wheeling out “spokesman” for farming and fishing who were all Brexit voters and now everyone tars all farmers and fishermen as being pro Brexit. I never once saw a farmer or fisherman who was against Brexit get airtime.

You do have to wonder if Europe is using this covid strain thing to give the UK a short sharp taste of what is coming in January and ask for the 4826385648th time if they're sure this is what they want.
It is quite funny that in December, being isolated from Europe is a monumental disaster/crisis, but post January it will become an amazing opportunity to prosper.

Maybe now would be a good time to explain what will change between now and then[emoji848]