Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Brexit: Red alert as officials admit Northern Irish ports will not be ready for New Year deadline - Average supermarket truck ‘will need 400 certifications’ to enter from British mainland

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-ireland-ports-brexit-transition-checking-border-b597904.html?utm_source=reddit.com

The hits just keep coming.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Brexit: Red alert as officials admit Northern Irish ports will not be ready for New Year deadline - Average supermarket truck ‘will need 400 certifications’ to enter from British mainland

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-ireland-ports-brexit-transition-checking-border-b597904.html?utm_source=reddit.com

The hits just keep coming.

Easiest deal ever!

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

But not altogether surprising.

I seem to recall from somewhere that the underlying Swiss attitude to immigration has

long been... "We don't have an immigration problem, we just don't let them in...".

The 'them' being , well, have a guess.

Edited by beefybake

18 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Looks like it's been pretty decisively rejected

That, and they aren't going to make it easier to hunt wolves.

Always interesting to read what the key voting issues are in other countries - immigration, paternity leave, and wolf murder.

25 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That, and they aren't going to make it easier to hunt wolves.

Always interesting to read what the key voting issues are in other countries - immigration, paternity leave, and wolf murder.

Why does this conjour up images of an old Scottish bloke blowing a whistle as a well dressed mob chase after a balding curly haired gym junkie, armed with giant gold plated cotton buds?

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/the-problem-with-the-english-england-doesn-t-want-to-16400

I've been trying to put into words for ages how I feel about Brexit, and the English in particular. This article sums it up for me. . 

It goes on a bit, and apologies if it's been posted before, and apologies for any adverts and links it may contain, (not sure how to edit them out).

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

2 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/the-problem-with-the-english-england-doesn-t-want-to-16400

I've been trying to put into words for ages how I feel about Brexit, and the English in particular. This article sums it up for me. . 

It goes on a bit, and apologies if it's been posted before, and apologies for any adverts and links it may contain, (not sure how to edit them out).

Brilliant article, really sums up for me why so many gullible English were so easily duped into voting for Brexit. 

Don't worry about not editing out the links on this - the one with Hyslop on HIGNFY was hilarious.

37 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Brilliant article, really sums up for me why so many gullible English were so easily duped into voting for Brexit. 

Don't worry about not editing out the links on this - the one with Hyslop on HIGNFY was hilarious.

Hats off to yourself for slugging it out in Accrington

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

19 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Hats off to yourself for slugging it out in Accrington

Thanks, it's not easy, but partner and I are presently considering a move to Oldham - so as she can be nearer her grandchildren. I'm sure that will be much nicer, more fashionable and much more upmarket.

43 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Thanks, it's not easy, but partner and I are presently considering a move to Oldham - so as she can be nearer her grandchildren. I'm sure that will be much nicer, more fashionable and much more upmarket.

A very impressive piece of understated sarcasm.