Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

F*** them

image.png.f38d23001f1a15f326405e506fb37b8a.png

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/10/boris-johnson-oven-ready-brexit-cummings-withdrawal-agreement

The Brexiters don’t much mind that this trick requires Britain to expose itself openly as a rogue state that treats international agreements as disposable handkerchiefs. In their solipsism, they presumably haven’t bothered to look up, for example, the membership of the House ways and means committee that would control any trade deal Britain might make with the US. (To save them the bother, it’s chaired by Richard Neal, and includes his fellow Irish-American Democrats Brendan Boyle and Brian Higgins, all highly engaged with Northern Ireland.)

Who'd have thought that by the end of 2020 the British Empire 2.0 would actually be begging for a chlorinated chicken deal and getting told to bolt. 

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wonder if the House of Lords have to pass it or can delay it? You never hear about them anymore, maybe they're all quarantining somewhere nice.

As far as I know, they don’t have to, as it was never a manifesto commitment. Quite the opposite of one, I’d have thought. 

58 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

UK Japan trade deal agreed in principle

"In principle" could be key words there. I see that the UK will be allowed to fill any of the EU quota on Agri products that they don't use up. Literally (almost) crumbs off the table of the EU/Japan deal.

Edited by welshbairn

Article from the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/11/brexit-uk-negotiators-believe-brinkmanship-reboot-trade-talks

Here’s the first paragraph, the bit I’ve boldened is genuinely staggering.

Britain’s Brexit negotiators believe Downing Street’s plan to break international law, pushing the trade and security negotiations to the brink, may have helped reboot the talks by offering Brussels a reality check about the looming danger of a no-deal outcome.

A masterclass just there from Irish Foreign Minister Simon Coveney on the Andrew Marr Show. Telling it like it is whilst repeatedly facing down a host intent on constant interruption. This was after a leader in The Sunday Telegraph was presented as some sort of balanced commentary.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III