Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Who could have predicted that the oven ready deal voted for by 40% of the country and enthusiastically backed by 90% of our dogshit press has turned out to be a load of bullshit ?

'I didn't think the leopards would eat MY face !'

29 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Who could have predicted that the oven ready deal voted for by 40% of the country and enthusiastically backed by 90% of our dogshit press has turned out to be a load of bullshit ?

'I didn't think the leopards would eat MY face !'

A good whack of Tory voters either won't care or will be pleased.

Anybody who starts moaning about international law can get fucked tho. 

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Anybody who starts moaning about international law can get fucked tho. 

Best thing about it is that they'll never be held to account for it. 

I think you'll find it's all the fault of Corbyn/Sturgeon/Starmer/forrins.

Delete as appropriate.

21 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Best thing about it is that they'll never be held to account for it. 

I think you'll find it's all the fault of Corbyn/Sturgeon/Starmer/forrins.

Delete as appropriate.

I'm of the opinion that the victory of hard Brexiteers it IS the fault of the People's Vote idiots of Sturgeon and Keir are definitely to blame.

Don't worry, the New LibDems will come to the rescue. Once they've listened and about 6 months too late.

Asked what his party is going to offer voters, Sir Ed said: “Come back in 10 months.”

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/ed-davey-on-lib-dems-and-brexit-1-6823194?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

46 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They'll be delighted. Cashing in big style and pushing the UK towards offshore tax haven status. The wealthy will get wealthier and the gap between those who have and those who have not will continue to widen at a faster pace. This is what many of them have been paying for.

8 minutes ago, Ross. said:

They'll be delighted. Cashing in big style and pushing the UK towards offshore tax haven status. The wealthy will get wealthier and the gap between those who have and those who have not will continue to widen at a faster pace. This is what many of them have been paying for.

I was thinking more of the majority of Tory voters who are nihilist pensioners. 

What you are describing has happened during our EU membership anyway. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

I was thinking more of the majority of Tory voters who are nihilist pensioners. 

What you are describing has happened during our EU membership anyway. 

It has happened during our EU membership, but it will now be accelerated and what little regulation there is/was in the UK money markets and LSE will all but disappear.

I don't know what they have to do to actually make people see that they want a no deal Brexit. Even if they explicitly said it, you'd still have morons saying otherwise. They're deliberately making it harder so it happens.

I think everyone knows it the press are just ruthlessly committed to kayfabe so there’s no acknowledgement of it. Any Brexiteer I’ve read seems to be all for it.

I don't know what they have to do to actually make people see that they want a no deal Brexit. Even if they explicitly said it, you'd still have morons saying otherwise. They're deliberately making it harder so it happens.
Yeah, sweeping the utterly duplicitous behaviour of the Brexit cheerleaders since even before the referendum under the carpet and blaing the "peoples vote lot" is staggering.

29 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I've thought about this since you last said it and it doesn't make any sense. Those twists and turns happened when Johnson didn't have a thumping majority and was vulnerable to people whose constituents opposed brexit. There was a spell when it looked like Johnson might end up resigning. But he does have that majority now. It's wholly in his gift to cobble something together.

It's because Brexit was always going to overwhelmingly win an FPTP election. 

Boris was going to resign in the same way that Corbyn was going to resign. It was the media printing their fantasies and hoping they would come true. What actually happened was Boris, Cummings, Raab, Farage and their backers plotted to build a Brexit majority while the People's Vote idiots organised  televised face painting rallies with electorally irrelevant people and undermined Corbyn's efforts to hold together his 2017 support. 

The only options available were hard Brexit or a cross party soft Brexit consensus which May would have pushed through.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Yeah, sweeping the utterly duplicitous behaviour of the Brexit cheerleaders since even before the referendum under the carpet and blaing the "peoples vote lot" is staggering.

You can't get mad at the Brexiteers for trying to achieve their political goal. They have done exactly what they always said they would do.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's because Brexit was always going to overwhelmingly win an FPTP election. 

Boris was going to resign in the same way that Corbyn was going to resign. It was the media printing their fantasies and hoping they would come true. What actually happened was Boris, Cummings, Raab, Farage and their backers plotted to build a Brexit majority while the People's Vote idiots organised  televised face painting rallies with electorally irrelevant people and undermined Corbyn's efforts to hold together his 2017 support. 

The only options available were hard Brexit or a cross party soft Brexit consensus which May would have pushed through.

This is mostly my take also.

PV/Pro-Remain wouldn't accept anything other than remaining in the EU. They gave no room for compromise. When a compromise position became available, they refused it.

The result is that they legitimised all the criticisms of Remain and the EU. They sabotaged themselves.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You can't get mad at the Brexiteers for trying to achieve their political goal. They have done exactly what they always said they would do.

Quite, and that makes Brexit and any/all consequences squarely their fault. 

The Peoples Vote lot were extraordinarily incompetent, having the pro EU position shanghaied by discredited has beens like Blair, Mandelson and Campbell, and preaching the campaign entirely at the middle class true believers so they could have a nice day out was missing a massive open goal. It never recovered from picking that smug Blairite name on day one, what was the referendum then, The Oik's Vote?