Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Brexit: Boris Johnson signals no deal increasingly likely and hits out at EU for refusing to compromise

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-boris-johnson-eu-compromise-a9698876.html

But we still hold all the cards, right?

As I expected all along, the UK really want a no deal but will blame the EU for not compromising.

The electorate  who fell for the “oven ready deal” patter last December are equally to blame here.

Edited by zidane's child

13 hours ago, zidane's child said:

As I expected all along, the UK really want a no deal but will blame the EU for not compromising.

The electorate  who fell for the “oven ready deal” patter last December are equally to blame here.

I don't think that they "fell for it". They just didn't care. Getting rid of foreigners was far more important than any boring old deal nonsense.

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 hours ago, zidane's child said:

I don't believe so. The UK are desperate for a deal, but what's more important is being able to portray that they've 'won'. 

A deal will be signed at the last minute. It has to be. It'll be a deal where the UK compromises on almost everything, but are allowed by the EU to present it as a victory for Johnson. 

It's been obvious from the very start that no deal was the plan. I mean... it's not like it was fairly widely reported that people stand to make a lot of money from it happening now, is it? Boris will probably resign when it's delivered and f**k off to the Bahamas much like Cummings will do.

4 minutes ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

It's been obvious from the very start that no deal was the plan. I mean... it's not like it was fairly widely reported that people stand to make a lot of money from it happening now, is it? Boris will probably resign when it's delivered and f**k off to the Bahamas much like Cummings will do.

Cummings has some broader vision in mind whereas Boris wants to rule like a feudal king. If Cummings fucks off to obscurity I reckon it'll be because he's forcibly ejected.

I don't believe so. The UK are desperate for a deal, but what's more important is being able to portray that they've 'won'. 
A deal will be signed at the last minute. It has to be. It'll be a deal where the UK compromises on almost everything, but are allowed by the EU to present it as a victory for Johnson. 
You reckon Barnier et al will sugar-coat any deal after the last four years of fuckwittery from the the Tories and fellow-travellers like Farage ?

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Yup anyone still thinking the EU are gonna be the ones to cave in at the last minute on the Trade Deal need only look back to the Withdrawal Agreement when BJ shafted the DUP to make a deal that only a couple of weeks before he said no Tory PM could countenance and pretty much the one TM had knocked back when he was her Foreign Secretary.

Never mind I read TMs charging £100k a speech these days, in a few years Boris will be absolutely raking it in while we'll be. erm raking the bins!

40 minutes ago, btb said:

Yup anyone still thinking the EU are gonna be the ones to cave in at the last minute on the Trade Deal need only look back to the Withdrawal Agreement when BJ shafted the DUP to make a deal that only a couple of weeks before he said no Tory PM could countenance and pretty much the one TM had knocked back when he was her Foreign Secretary.

Never mind I read TMs charging £100k a speech these days, in a few years Boris will be absolutely raking it in while we'll be. erm raking the bins!

Does she charge extra to include those tears she produced when her party booted her out? 

7506315F-4E9A-4F6A-B419-DAAC271E7476.jpeg

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
13 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You reckon Barnier et al will sugar-coat any deal after the last four years of fuckwittery from the the Tories and fellow-travellers like Farage ?

Real politik. (remember them, they got to the semi final of the Fairs Cup in 1964)

Both sides want a deal, but everyone outside the Daily Express knows that in reality the EU hold the strongest hand. It's very typical of the EU to sign off deals at the last minute, and I don't see anything different happening here. 

The UK will take the common sense route and effectively sign up to the EU's demands, but for Johnson and co. it's vital that they're seen as 'winning'. Everyone knows that, especially Michel Barnier.

Some kind of compromise will be agreed where the Tories can go back to the country and present it all (or at least some of it) as a victory. The EU won't give a f**k about the internal politics of the UK, they'll have a deal that suits them. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Both sides want a deal, but everyone outside the Daily Express knows that in reality the EU hold the strongest hand. It's very typical of the EU to sign off deals at the last minute, and I don't see anything different happening here. 

Not actually saying this isn’t true, but is there any strong evidence of the EU signing trade deals in the closing months/weeks of protracted negotiations? The claim that they always hold out until the last possible moment is common, but no one ever cites examples that would parallel this expected eleventh-hour deal with the UK. So when did the EU actually go to the wire in negotiating international trade deals with third countries?