Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

16 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

To be frank if there is to be an advantage of Brexit it would be in state aid freedom so I can't see that line surviving negotiations.

I suppose it comes down to whether the economy does better in a high barrier & state aid freedom future or a low barrier & restricted state aid future.

The economy as it effects the country as a whole might do better under the former with a progressive government in control but not with the Tories.

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

To be frank if there is to be an advantage of Brexit it would be in state aid freedom so I can't see that line surviving negotiations.

I suppose it comes down to whether the economy does better in a high barrier & state aid freedom future or a low barrier & restricted state aid future.

You'll never know because it will be a bit of both. This government will want the people to get the advantage of worldwide market prices - even if at lower standards. But for this government (or a future Labour government) some industries will have so much political clout or be considered so important that freedom to use state-aid or barriers is a necessity.

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

WTO rules re state aid and unfair competition aren't that much different. We've recently been done over Airbus and it's likely the Americans will be over Boeing in the return complaint this year. Seems a bit daft they didn't settle both at the same time but Scottish exporters are getting punitive tariffs because of it. 

Edited by welshbairn

Interesting article on CNN suggesting that the UK might be forced to ask for an extension because of the Coronavirus.  Johnson must be very unhappy at the prospect of this.

Also this wee gem:  The UK is already living some of those implications. Panic-buying has led to shortages of many everyday household products, most notably toilet paper. And if you think empty shelves are a problem now, consider this: according to the Confederation of Paper Industries, the UK imports about 60% of the materials used to make tissue products from the EU. And up to 55% of that demand is for toilet paper.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

My Iranian pal installed one into a bog-standard shitter himself using a couple of bits and bobs he picked up in B&Q. I'm going to tell him to start a business. 

Tell him I'll give him a tenner for the instructions.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

What do you use to dry your arse after using a bidet?

Also squirting water up there seems weirdly homoerotic.

Same as after a shower. Just go for it, nobody cares anymore.

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Much better business model than actually doing it IMO.

£15 plus booking fee.

Better not be Chinese/Farsi/IKEA type ideograms, I want a full shopping list and drawings, but preferably a youtube video an all. 

4 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

My Iranian pal installed one into a bog-standard shitter himself using a couple of bits and bobs he picked up in B&Q. I'm going to tell him to start a business. 

I'm not sure but he might have a problem with TV advertising.

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Interesting article on CNN suggesting that the UK might be forced to ask for an extension because of the Coronavirus.  Johnson must be very unhappy at the prospect of this.

Also this wee gem:  The UK is already living some of those implications. Panic-buying has led to shortages of many everyday household products, most notably toilet paper. And if you think empty shelves are a problem now, consider this: according to the Confederation of Paper Industries, the UK imports about 60% of the materials used to make tissue products from the EU. And up to 55% of that demand is for toilet paper.

Aww naw. Disaster. We're all going to be waddling about with shitty bums and it's all because of big bad Brexit.

Is there no end to your dredging of the internet for "proof" of Brexit-geddon?  Ssssake.

13 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Aww naw. Disaster. We're all going to be waddling about with shitty bums and it's all because of big bad Brexit.

Is there no end to your dredging of the internet for "proof" of Brexit-geddon?  Ssssake.

There is none more zealous than the convert.