Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Guest Bob Mahelp
49 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

The Tories are truly ignorant, duplicitous fuckwits. 

This has nothing at all to do with what's best for the country. It's all out ideology and populism.....a right-wing war against these evil foreigners. 

What a rancid cesspit of a country the UK has become. 

The WTO stuff is largely intended to be a negotiating ploy to signal how few concessions we are prepared to make. 

Imo the government would prefer a good and wide trade deal with the eu to no deal. 

It's just that they don't really care if we do get one or not. 

Boris is in a no lose position- he gets either what he's said he wants or what everyone thinks he wants and will claim success either way.

He is a populist demagogue with no ideology apart from staying in power. There is no reason for him to prefer no deal. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

It's like me going into an Aston Martin dealership and saying if they don't accept payment in monopoly money I'll staple my balls to the floor

Would sir like to borrow a stapler? 

WTO rules outlaw unfair competition with state subsidies anyway, similar to the EU conditions. Trump is doing his best to finish off the WTO though, so if he wins in November we could probably go back to Empire rules, Opium Wars 2.0 and impose whatever trading rules we want, unless it's with America..

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

The WTO stuff is largely intended to be a negotiating ploy to signal how few concessions we are prepared to make. 

Imo the government would prefer a good and wide trade deal with the eu to no deal. 

It's just that they don't really care if we do get one or not. 

Boris is in a no lose position- he gets either what he's said he wants or what everyone thinks he wants and will claim success either way.

He is a populist demagogue with no ideology apart from staying in power. There is no reason for him to prefer no deal. 

Stop referring to him as “Boris” as if he’s your favourite uncle.

If you want alternatives I can provide a few.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Stop referring to him as “Boris” as if he’s your favourite uncle.

If you want alternatives I can provide a few.

Ok, I'll call him Terry from now on but i have the feeling it might cause a bit of confusion. 

Not sure why i'd call my uncle Boris when his name is Bob. Should i have been calling him Boris all this time? 

I did go to school with a Boris, but his real name was Richard. 

I think this might be above my pay grade. 

37 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

No point calling him names, people like you facilitated his rise to the top and the mess we are now in.

Always remember what YOU voted for.

You’re talking shite.  We should call him “ that c**t Johnson” or maybe a nickname like Tynierose.

7 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Look at you lashing out over remorse for what YOU have done.

You can maybe go volunteer in a soup kitchen and assuage your guilt.

Good idea.  I’ll give you some extra bread when you come in.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 hours ago, coprolite said:

Ok, I'll call him Terry from now on but i have the feeling it might cause a bit of confusion. 

Not sure why i'd call my uncle Boris when his name is Bob. Should i have been calling him Boris all this time? 

I did go to school with a Boris, but his real name was Richard. 

I think this might be above my pay grade. 

Granny is right though.

Johnson and his supporters use this to create a 'cuddly' image, and to subconsciously trick people into believing he's someone that they know and by default can like and trust.  

You'll notice that the right-wing newspapers always refer to him as 'Boris'....rarely 'Johnson' or even 'Boris Johnson'.  It's all part of the same story, to make people believe in a concept, an image.

It's very powerful. 

47 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Granny is right though.

Johnson and his supporters use this to create a 'cuddly' image, and to subconsciously trick people into believing he's someone that they know and by default can like and trust.  

You'll notice that the right-wing newspapers always refer to him as 'Boris'....rarely 'Johnson' or even 'Boris Johnson'.  It's all part of the same story, to make people believe in a concept, an image.

It's very powerful. 

But i just called him Boris and i know he is a c**t. 

I see your point, it's just a shite one.