Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

40 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

This. Doubtless they'll soon be going cap in hand to Holyrood looking for financial support. I hope they're told quite emphatically to f**k off.

Tribalism at it's destructive worst. It would be a very bad thing for Scotland and for the UK if politicians took the spiteful, partisan approach that you recommend. Thankfully most politicians do recognise that, constitutionally, they are there to represent all of their their constituents, whether they belong to the same tribe, or not.

With Fergus Ewing as rural affairs minister it's more likely to be large grants plus emergency Land Rovers and Barbour jackets for the worst affected. 

The Tories abandoning no longer relevant parts of their base is going to be one of the few enjoyable parts of this parliament. They will be become the party of big finance and angry pensioners who use Facebook. f**k everyone else.

39 minutes ago, Detournement said:

With Fergus Ewing as rural affairs minister it's more likely to be large grants plus emergency Land Rovers and Barbour jackets for the worst affected. 

The Tories abandoning no longer relevant parts of their base is going to be one of the few enjoyable parts of this parliament. They will be become the party of big finance and angry pensioners who use Facebook. f**k everyone else.

That excludes me as I don't use Facebook.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Tribalism at it's destructive worst. It would be a very bad thing for Scotland and for the UK if politicians took the spiteful, partisan approach that you recommend. Thankfully most politicians do recognise that, constitutionally, they are there to represent all of their their constituents, whether they belong to the same tribe, or not.

And that's exactly what the SNP have been doing since the beginning of this Tory inflicted clusterfuck. They support remaining in the EU, which is generally accepted as the best deal for everyone. 

The SNP have been trying desperately to mitigate....for all Scots....the consequences of this xenophobic, inward looking, little Englander, Westminster government. 

Maybe if people like you supported them in that, instead of being ideologically blinkered, all Scots would be in a better place. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

And that's exactly what the SNP have been doing since the beginning of this Tory inflicted clusterfuck. They support remaining in the EU, which is generally accepted as the best deal for everyone. 

The SNP have been trying desperately to mitigate....for all Scots....the consequences of this xenophobic, inward looking, little Englander, Westminster government. 

Maybe if people like you supported them in that, instead of being ideologically blinkered, all Scots would be in a better place. 

Generally? Well, 52% of UK voters disagree. 38% of Scottish voters disagree. Even 35% of SNP voters disagree. You need to stop living in an echo chamber.

Best way to "mitigate" Brexit would have been for SNP to have done a deal with May when she was on her knees, by using the SNPs 50 seats to deliver her non-Brexit Brexit but with Scotland ceded control of it's own immigration policies and nearly all reserved WM powers and maybe with an NI-style half in, half out status?

Generally? Well, 52% of UK voters disagree. 38% of Scottish voters disagree. Even 35% of SNP voters disagree. You need to stop living in an echo chamber.
Best way to "mitigate" Brexit would have been for SNP to have done a deal with May when she was on her knees, by using the SNPs 50 seats to deliver her non-Brexit Brexit but with Scotland ceded control of it's own immigration policies and nearly all reserved WM powers and maybe with an NI-style half in, half out status?
We maybe living in an echo chamber but you're defo living in fantasy land if you think there was some deal to be made with Mays government.

19 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
48 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

We maybe living in an echo chamber but you're defo living in fantasy land if you think there was some deal to be made with Mays government.

Don’t you think you would have preferred to try for it rather than having to lump the current outcome? But you might have a point about May’s inability to have done any kind of deal, even to save her own skin.

Don’t you think you would have preferred to try for it rather than having to lump the current outcome? But you might have a point about May’s inability to have done any kind of deal, even to save her own skin.
So the SNP weren't banging on about a separate deal and got absolutely dingied for months ?

33 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

So the SNP weren't banging on about a separate deal and got absolutely dingied for months ?

The SNP had quite openly declared from the millisecond after the referendum that they would do everything possible to prevent Brexit. So there was no support to be traded for X,Y or Z. Admittedly,it would have been quite a controversial deal. But hey-ho. We'll never know. Probably a long wait now until a referendum for absolute independence. 

I've tried to keep you off my ignore list and so far have managed to do so in spite of reams of pish. But with this doozy, you can get yersel to f**k. 

May was never, never ever, doing a deal with the SNP that would see Scotland operate differently.  Even you should see that despite the lens you're using for whatever reason. The union is fucked. 

2 minutes ago, HTG said:

I've tried to keep you off my ignore list and so far have managed to do so in spite of reams of pish. But with this doozy, you can get yersel to f**k. 

May was never, never ever, doing a deal with the SNP that would see Scotland operate differently.  Even you should see that despite the lens you're using for whatever reason. The union is fucked. 

Don't know about that. She was prepared to do something different for NI. And there was a time when she was so desperate (when she was being locked in a broom cupboard in Brussels and being chucked a Greggs sausage roll) that ... you never know.

btw - if my opinions send you into a meltdown, surely you don't want to keep me off your ignore list ( whatever that means)

Guest Bob Mahelp

The SNP had quite openly declared from the millisecond after the referendum that they would do everything possible to prevent Brexit. So there was no support to be traded for X,Y or Z. Admittedly,it would have been quite a controversial deal. But hey-ho. We'll never know. Probably a long wait now until a referendum for absolute independence. 

That's because they were following the mandate given to them by a large majority of Scottish voters. 

And if you think that the Tories.....blinkered by xenophobia, ideology and their own stupid red lines, and terrified by Farage and the far right......were ever going to do some kind of deal or even listen to the Scottish government, then you're even more stupid than your posting suggests. 

Don't know about that. She was prepared to do something different for NI. And there was a time when she was so desperate (when she was being locked in a broom cupboard in Brussels and being chucked a Greggs sausage roll) that ... you never know.

btw - if my opinions send you into a meltdown, surely you don't want to keep me off your ignore list ( whatever that means)

I don't think you have been paying attention. The Good Friday Agreement was the key factor in "allowing" a special status for Northern Ireland; it presented what seemed to be an insurmountable problem. Probably also worth noting that hard-line Unionists don't want this privilege, so in their case it is compulsion rather than a concession. I also suspect that the Tories would rid themselves of that part of the UK in a heartbeat, so not really a good comparison.

30 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Fish aside I think Pet forces folk to think about things and augment their arguments which is a good thing but by Christ everyone should log the f**k off for a day every once in a while.

Reasonable comment, Mr Pot. But I don’t really think Bob’s on here too often.

55 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

I don't think you have been paying attention. The Good Friday Agreement was the key factor in "allowing" a special status for Northern Ireland; it presented what seemed to be an insurmountable problem. Probably also worth noting that hard-line Unionists don't want this privilege, so in their case it is compulsion rather than a concession. I also suspect that the Tories would rid themselves of that part of the UK in a heartbeat, so not really a good comparison.

Not the agreement per se. More the threat of a couple of hundred individuals restarting blowing up Saturday afternoon shoppers