Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

38 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
If it’s OK to have a third GE in three years why is it wrong to have a second referendum?
We can change our mind on who we vote for but not on Brexit?

Surely you have to implement the result of the first referendum before you can have a second referendum.

There’s a flaw in that argument.  See if you can spot it.

46 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
If it’s OK to have a third GE in three years why is it wrong to have a second referendum?
We can change our mind on who we vote for but not on Brexit?

Surely you have to implement the result of the first referendum before you can have a second referendum.

That would be a bit silly if people no longer agree with the first one. Bring back hanging! Forget that, we've changed our minds. What do you mean it's too late?

17 hours ago, GordonS said:
On 25/10/2019 at 18:20, Miguel Sanchez said:
The AV referendum was at the same time as a council election.

The AV referendum was the same day as the 2011 Scottish Parliament election, and both were damaged by it.

I knew it was at the same time as something else.

Just out of curiosity, if a second referendum on leaving is undemocratic, how long before a referendum to rejoin is acceptable?

Did anyone utter the phrase "once in a generation" during the last one? I feel this may be important.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

SNP and LibDems to try to change the FTPA and get an election on December 9.  I think that’s a bad idea.

When is the right time though? 

If Corbyn isn't ready to lead his party in an election after 3 years of this shitfest  then Labour seriously need to look at finding a new leader

11 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

If Corbyn isn't ready to lead his party in an election after 3 years of this shitfest  then Labour seriously need to look at finding a new leader

I agree with their approach, don't think asking Tusk to pick a political side is wise though. There's a fair chance Johnson and Corbyn will agree though.

50 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The best chance we (and I mean the electorate) have of avoiding a majority Tory government is to frustrate the Brexiteers hoping that Farage will split the Tory vote.

I think is unlikely but we have to hope it will happen.

Also if the FTPA is to be amended try reducing the voting age to 16.

18 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

A Monday?

13 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Why not? Why do our votes always have to be on Thursdays? Most other European countries have the at the weekend do they not?

That's the way it's aye been. Us auld anes dinna like change, ye ken.