Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

22 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I think it is eminently sensible.

I have to laugh. Eminently sensible? 99% of the electorate - not the political types who post on here about it - will simply see a leader of one party who is a decent guy but getting a bit doddery and indecisive versus another leader who is a bit of a fibber and bit of a shagger, but is trying to "get Brexit done" (just as they both said they would in 2017).  Their analysis will be as simple as that. They will go with Boris if there is an election within the next 4 months. Brexit Party and Lib Dems are merely buckets for protest votes and they will both be emptied.

Aye.

Condensing Johnson down to 'he's a bit of a shagger and a fibber, but he's getting Brexit done'.

Soon it'll be...

'I see that nice old Polish lady at the end of the street got taken away last night in an immigration van. Didn't think they would throw her out'

'Yeah I know, but you know Boris, bit of a fibber and a shagger'

'I see all my workers rights and employment protections have been stripped away'

'Ha ha, what's he like that Boris eh ? A right fibber and shagger that one'

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Aye.

Condensing Johnson down to 'he's a bit of a shagger and a fibber, but he's getting Brexit done'.

Soon it'll be...

'I see that nice old Polish lady at the end of the street got taken away last night in an immigration van. Didn't think they would throw her out'

'I see all my workers rights and employment protections have been stripped away'

With May, they created the hostile environment for asylum seekers, then the Windrush thing.     Johnson chucking out of the party

those who didn't agree with him.   The kind of country that these a*seholes would end up creating is actually getting close to one

where journalists who disagree with the party line do in fact end up face down in a ditch.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

What's hard about that? They don't want a vote till the EU says it's piece, but they can't be seen to whip against voting for it.

That’s not what’s happening.  There is a huge disagreement within the PLP as to when, and possibly even if, an election should be called.  Momentum and the likes of Lavery, a firm opponent of a second referendum, are tweeting to have it ASAP, many Labour MPs concerned about that strategy.

25 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Aye.

Soon it'll be...

Workers rights and employment protections, eh? What's the difference ? More to the point, why is Westminster incapable of protecting and enhancing them?

His mouth sometimes gets ahead of his brain. But fascist? Nah. However some of the 27 that you a desperate to be  wedded to are leaning that way.

45 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Workers rights and employment protections, eh? What's the difference ? More to the point, why is Westminster incapable of protecting and enhancing them?

Aye, because the Tories are traditionally known as the workers party right enough.

You know fine well that a core principle of certain Brexiteers is deregulation and cutting red tape.

50 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

His mouth sometimes gets ahead of his brain. But fascist?

I never used that word, but if you have a better one to describe an anti-liberal, nationalist and xenophobic political ideology with a 'populist', 'strongman' leader then please use it.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Nah. However some of the 27 that you a desperate to be  wedded to are leaning that way.

Not at all m8, I'm no big fan of the EU. I'd be quite happy to have an Independent Scotland join EFTA instead.

14 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

It's not but it won't because the Tories want to strip them down you fucking moron.

Don’t you think there will ever be another Labour government in the UK. And don’t you think the EU right might ever want to have lower rights (and protections) than the UK? 

btw you have some serious anger management issues - online anyway.

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Don’t you think there will ever be another Labour government in the UK. And don’t you think the EU right might ever want to have lower rights (and protections) than the UK? 

btw you have some serious anger management issues - online anyway.

I doubt you were born the last time there was a Labour government that wasn't compromised by neoliberalism.

4 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

His mouth sometimes gets ahead of his brain. But fascist? Nah. However some of the 27 that you a desperate to be  wedded to are leaning that way.

The Tories have a hard on for turning London into a Northern Singapore after Brexit.

They don't want a welfare state.

If the Tories were serious about an election they would be asking for the extension. 

The EU doesn't guarantee any workers' rights. Larry Elliot had a good article in the Guardian about this yesterday. The crocodile tears about workers' rights from the likes of Swinson and Grieve who have spent their careers crushing them is sickening. 

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The Tories have a hard on for turning London into a Northern Singapore after Brexit.

They don't want a welfare state.

What a childish statement. You could argue that they are less emotionally committed to it, but if they want rid of the welfare state they are making a bad job of it - UK government expenditure is double what it was 20 years ago. Because they are sensitive to criticism for it, Tory governments don’t actually chop welfare expenditure and Labour governments don’t actually chop defence expenditure.

13 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

What a childish statement. You could argue that they are less emotionally committed to it, but if they want rid of the welfare state they are making a bad job of it - UK government expenditure is double what it was 20 years ago. Because they are sensitive to criticism for it, Tory governments don’t actually chop welfare expenditure and Labour governments don’t actually chop defence expenditure.

Pensions are not welfare. They're earned after decades of providing services to the country. Remove pensioners (90% of tory voters) from the equation and welfare (unemployment and disability benefits) are in dire straits. The tories brought in 3rd party companies who's sole intent was to get people off the books.

"Less emotionally committed" is the understatement of the year.

Edited by BawWatchin

Anyone posting that the Tories are far-right shouldn't really be commenting on politics. 

Id be interested to ask, what would you define a party as which has set policies which; hurt/kill some of the poorest in the country (knowing this would happen), deports people who arrived in this country 50 years ago for no reason (they just happen to be exclusively black) then is forced to admit they were wrong when its highlighted, sends out internal memos that the aim is to create a ‘hostile environment’ towards immigration, seeks to privatise the nhs, is led by a man who has made numerous racist statements, including many against Scottish people and have spoken out in support of eroding workers rights? Nah mate not far right in the slightest.