Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

Genuine question.

Is there a known reason why Jim Fitzpatrick, Labour MP in a remain seat who's not seeking re-election voted 'Yes' twice last night?

Is he an 'arch brexiter'? Has he had a falling out with Corbyn and this is a GIRUY before he retires?

I don't know much about him.

It took me hours scouring the internet....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fitzpatrick_(politician)

24 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It took me hours scouring the internet....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fitzpatrick_(politician)

Judging from where he grew up and went to school he may see it as a way to get it right up the DUP and strike a blow for a united Ireland. A manoeuvre that could be referred to as a Reverse Hoey.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 22/10/2019 at 20:19, MixuFixit said:

Oborne was interviewed about this on Ch 4 news this evening.

He managed to name Laura Kuennsburg, and Peston ( as purveyors of the fake news ) before Guru-Murthy was able to interrupt

to stop him naming more names.  

Edited by beefybake

10 hours ago, hearthammer said:

You're correct in that, in September 2014, a majority said "no", but we're 5 years down the road and westmister have since then shat all over Scotland to elevate london and the south east as their world utopia.  With a new breed of eco and fiscally-savvy Scots now eligible to vote, i suspect that there will be a demand sooner or later of a majority looking for self-determination.

Elevate London? Really. 

Here's the facts as shown by the GERs Report

In 2014 Scotland was spending £67.5Bn per annum - and raising £54Bn in revenue. A net deficit of £13.5Bn

In 2019 Scotland was spending £75.4Bn per annum - and raising £62.8Bn in revenue. A net deficit of £12.6Bn. 

If Westminster is elevating London at the expense of Scotland - why does it continue to subsidise Scotland through the Barnett Formula? A formula that is set out in law and which has been used for decades now as an acceptable way of working out Scotlands grant as a proportion of the overall UK. A formula that has proven to be extremely generous to Scotland over the years. 

If Scots are as fiscally savvy as you suggest you've got no chance of selling Scottish Independence to them with figures like that but even if they are ear bitingly stupid and like you they choose to believe the reems of Nationalist propaganda and fake news stories you still won't get Scottish Independence cause the 55% will save Scotland from idiots like you every single time. 

45 minutes ago, The OP said:

That moment in a shite posting career where you go full scumbag.

Sorry to offend you, OP.  Weird and scummy of me to wonder if there's any link to paramilitaries - at a time when people have been arguing against borders that might provoke these organisations . Clearly they raise their money doing Saturday morning bag-packing at supermarkets . Somebody better tell the polis not to bother making any inquiries in the paramilitaries direction- just  in case it offends OP. And BFTabby Dave,

Edited by Pet Jeden

15 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Elevate London? Really. 

In 2014 Scotland was spending £67.5Bn per annum - and raising £54Bn in revenue. A net deficit of £13.5Bn

In 2019 Scotland was spending £75.4Bn per annum - and raising £62.8Bn in revenue. A net deficit of £12.6Bn. 

If Westminster is elevating London at the expense of Scotland - why does it continue to subsidise Scotland through the Barnett Formula? A formula that is set out in law and which has been used for decades now as an acceptable way of working out Scotlands grant as a proportion of the overall UK. A formula that has proven to be extremely generous to Scotland over the years. 

If Scots are as fiscally savvy as you suggest you've got no chance of selling Scottish Independence to them with figures like that but even if they are ear bitingly stupid and like you they choose to believe the reems of Nationalist propaganda and fake news stories you still won't get Scottish Independence cause the 55% will save Scotland from idiots like you every single time. 

You really are such a sanctimonious, myopic unionista, n'est pas ???    You've been throwing out these desperado figures for ages, and then offer your sacred view from the oracle that is, that anyone who doesn't see your perspective and viewpoint is an idiot.  

You never fail on here malcolm with your belligerence, despite many others offering alternative figures and opinions.  You should plan your flit now, chief.

15 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Sorry to offend you, OP.  Weird and scummy of me to wonder if there's any link to paramilitaries - at a time when people have been arguing against borders that might provoke these organisations . Clearly they raise their money doing Saturday morning bag-packing at supermarkets . Somebody better tell the polis not to bother making any inquiries in the paramilitaries direction- just  in case it offends OP. And BFTabby Dave,

Not offended at all, it just seemed like the thought process of a paranoid mentalist, so I wanted to check I hadn't misread you.

It occurred to me that you were maybe making a joke in bad taste, but apparently not. Carry on.

14 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I wasn’t offended, I was just pointing out your posting had fully crossed the scumbag horizon.

29 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Elevate London? Really. 

£30bn spent on HS2, Crossrail, Heathrow 3rd runway to funnel more people into and across London. But they are classified as "national projects" so get paid for centrally.

But forget the numbers. You could argue forever about them. Scottish Independence (like Brexit) is an issue of principle - you are either for it or against it - being 10% better or worse off is not the point.

You really are such a sanctimonious, myopic unionista, n'est pas ???    You've been throwing out these desperado figures for ages, and then offer your sacred view from the oracle that is, that anyone who doesn't see your perspective and viewpoint is an idiot.  
You never fail on here malcolm with your belligerence, despite many others offering alternative figures and opinions.  You should plan your flit now, chief.

Malky isn't short for Malcolm, it's short for Malkytwelvepointsixbillion. He just likes saying his name a lot, like a young Craig David.

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You don't see any possible connections between paramilitaries who rail against borders (N-S or E-W), and  people smuggling? 

People smuggling couldn't exist without borders you silly scummy little so-and-so. 

16 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I'm going nowhere. I'm in the majority - a sizeable majority. 

"GERs is the authoritative publication on Scotlands public finances" 

Guess where that quote came from? The SNP's White Paper! 

4 minutes ago, The OP said:

People smuggling couldn't exist without borders you silly scummy little so-and-so. 

Eh? You smoking a giant spliff? But the world does have borders, doesn't it? It's a bit like saying that people smuggling wouldn't exist if there were no vehicles, or there was no money, or there were no people! True but insane.