Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It has been there for months but I have noticed in the last few days in particular that the phrase, 'Just crack on with it and let's get this done' is now the rallying cry of the tories. 

They sound like a dodgy used car salesman trying to get you to agree to a clapped out old banger. Hoping they can get the paperwork done before you actually realise what they are buying. 

It's toe curling to hear them trot it out in what is now clearly a well rehearsed party line and a fucking shoddy tactic to boot. They feign impatience when they are as much to blame for the delays as anyone. A few outlets have picked them up on it but it should be absolutely taken to task on a widespread basis. 

It is undoubtedly a well-rehearsed tactic to inject the phrase into every single interview and it offends anyone with a brain. But tbf, apart from "17.4m people"  and "Our European Partners" the government/leavers have been absolute amateurs compared to remainers at getting inane phrases in at every opportunity. Any of these chants sound familiar?

Crash Out

Cliff Edge

Catastrophic

Nobody Voted to Be Poorer

£350m on a Bus 

People Didn't Understand

A Brexit for Jobs

Confirmatory Referendum

Can't Have Too Much Democracy

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

You're correct in that, in September 2014, a majority said "no", but we're 5 years down the road and westmister have since then shat all over Scotland to elevate london and the south east as their world utopia.  With a new breed of eco and fiscally-savvy Scots now eligible to vote, i suspect that there will be a demand sooner or later of a majority looking for self-determination.

I wouldn't waste your time with him.

Unionists tell anyone listening "we had a vote. You lost" completely ignoring the lies told to get that result and the obvious political changes since.

Considering not 1 single unionist reckons anything has changed and there is still no appetite for a 2nd referendum, they aren't half angry at the mention of 1.

Surely from there perspective a 2nd no vote puts it to bed for a few decades. Considering they keep saying nothing has changed I'm starting to doubt they're telling the truth.

Edited by Gaz FFC

58 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Listened to a lot of lbc/talk radio to get a wee insight into ‘the other side’. Consider just how much of a thick c**t you have to be to think a man like Nigel Farage is a nice honourable person. Just let that permeate in your head for a bit. No wonder alien life hasnt contacted us.

Considering all Brexiteers will tell you they didn't fall for the lies and they knew what they were voting for, I wouldn't expect them to think at all.

They just seem to be perma seething that Brussels controls us like a dog and we are going to give Johnny foreigner a ruddy good punch on the nose.

Considering all Brexiteers will tell you they didn't fall for the lies and they knew what they were voting for, I wouldn't expect them to think at all.
They just seem to be perma seething that Brussels controls us like a dog and we are going to give Johnny foreigner a ruddy good punch on the nose.

This is true, but its essentially just the same as people who look at Trump or Johnson or ‘Tommy Robinson’ and think ‘there’s a man of the people’. They absolutely should have their vote removed and or be removed from the world.

19 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I wouldn't waste your time with him.

Unionists tell anyone listening "we had a vote. You lost" completely ignoring the lies told to get that result and the obvious political changes since.

Considering not 1 single unionist reckons anything has changed and there is still no appetite for a 2nd referendum, they aren't half angry at the mention of 1.

Surely from there perspective a 2nd no vote puts it to bed for a few decades. Considering they keep saying nothing has changed I'm starting to doubt they're telling the truth.

Truth doesn’t come into it any more.  It’s like in the USA where many of Trump’s supporters know he’s lying but simply don’t care.

Just seen Johnson on PMQs claiming the SNP don’t support Scotland’s interests whilst knowing that election after election that they have significantly  more support than any other party in Scotland.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Truth doesn’t come into it any more.  It’s like in the USA where many of Trump’s supporters know he’s lying but simply don’t care.

Just seen Johnson on PMQs claiming the SNP don’t support Scotland’s interests whilst knowing that election after election that they have significantly  more support than any other party in Scotland.

I've noticed most Unionists that I bother to engage with don't actually want to talk about truths just more a scathing attack on NS.

They'd have a bit more credit if it wasn't the same people who used to have scathing attacks on AS 5 years ago.

I've managed to Stereotype Unionists I come across on FB down to Rangers fans or 55+

No idea what happened in the past to make the older ones who don't like Rangers hate the SNP but I'm sure if anyone could be bothered listening to their drivel long enough they'd get the answer.

No doubt it wouldn't be a very good reason that Scotland should stay in this terrible union buy they aren't the brightest.

Sadly when you post about independence you have to await Malky quoting you so I will look forward to that ☹️

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've noticed most Unionists that I bother to engage with don't actually want to talk about truths just more a scathing attack on NS.

They'd have a bit more credit if it wasn't the same people who used to have scathing attacks on AS 5 years ago.

I've managed to Stereotype Unionists I come across on FB down to Rangers fans or 55+

No idea what happened in the past to make the older ones who don't like Rangers hate the SNP but I'm sure if anyone could be bothered listening to their drivel long enough they'd get the answer.

No doubt it wouldn't be a very good reason that Scotland should stay in this terrible union buy they aren't the brightest.

Sadly when you post about independence you have to await Malky quoting you so I will look forward to that ☹️

As for your last paragraph I have him on ignore; I’d recommend it.

There are no doubt certain demographics where NO voters are a majority but I’m reluctant to paint whole groups as being anti-Independence.

A post Referendum study showed that more than 1 in 4 of 65+ age group voted YES but many people write off ALL of this age group as being NO voters.

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Come and join the craic anyway it gets boring if it's the same folk posting all the time.

I'm sure the poster count would go up if people stopped replying to Malky or if the soporifically boring spammer got emptied.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Corbyn's meeting Johnson to discuss extending the timetable for debating the WAB apparently. If so it looks like a GE will be on the back burner.

noises in the media suggesting that it all, predictably, broke up pretty quickly with absolutely no agreement or common ground.

I think Corbyn might well still be angling for a GE despite the apparent futility of it, but only after Johnson is forced into the humiliation of losing a VONC. I think that might come after the govt's Queens Speech legislation fails to pass.

9 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Assuming Jews will automatically vote for the party that has a Jewish candidate whoever that may be is more than a little bit antisemitic tbh

I don't think they will automatically pick her because she is Jewish but the Labour AS smears and pro Remain campaign she will obviously run will work there as well as anywhere. She has picked the seat where she has the best chance of being elected as Galloway, Farage, Boris and others have done in the past. Chukka is ditching south London for wealthy Westminster. 

8 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

As is monitoring the Jewish population by constituency.

It's no stranger to know that there is a big Jewish population there than it is to know that Larkhall is predominantly protestant and Carfin is Roman Catholic. Or that Harlem is an African American area. 

When a GE is called the whole fake anti-Semitism issue will be dredged up again.

It will not make much difference to most people which is both good (because it’s false) and bad (because sadly most people don’t care rather than recognise it as being false).

What will not be highlighted are those pro-Zionist Labour candidates who have more loyalty to Israel than they do to the prospect of a Labour Government.

Hopefully most will have been deselected.

I reckon they will go with the Jezza loves terrorists angle for the GE. Especially with Brexit and the Irish border being an issue.

Looking forward to the Sun front page on the day of the election with a picture of Corbyn looking shifty whilst drinking a pint of Guinness and an 'exclusive' scoop that he's Bobby Sand's fucking godfather or some shit.

17 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I reckon they will go with the Jezza loves terrorists angle for the GE. Especially with Brexit and the Irish border being an issue.

Looking forward to the Sun front page on the day of the election with a picture of Corbyn looking shifty whilst drinking a pint of Guinness and an 'exclusive' scoop that he's Bobby Sand's fucking godfather or some shit.

They tried all that last time around and it didn’t have they desired effect.

What would help would be for a Jewish Labour (or Tory or Lib Dem) politician to take a temperate but critical stance on the Israeli Government.

Not as some sort of gesture to dampen what is IMO an overheated issue, but to confirm that such people really do exist. I believe they do, but to avoid a media assault they keep their own counsel.

Genuine question.

Is there a known reason why Jim Fitzpatrick, Labour MP in a remain seat who's not seeking re-election voted 'Yes' twice last night?

Is he an 'arch brexiter'? Has he had a falling out with Corbyn and this is a GIRUY before he retires?

I don't know much about him.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

What would help would be for a Jewish Labour (or Tory or Lib Dem) politician to take a temperate but critical stance on the Israeli Government.

Not as some sort of gesture to dampen what is IMO an overheated issue, but to confirm that such people really do exist. I believe they do, but to avoid a media assault they keep their own counsel.

If only Gerald Kaufman was alive today. Got an immense amount of stick though.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/03/gerald-kaufmans-jewish-money-condemned-jeremy-corbyn

Edited by welshbairn