Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is it just me who fucking shudders when they say ‘this country’ or ‘one nation’ its fucking 3 countries and an occupied territory.

Occupied? Presumably you do not agree that the current day descendants of colonists from 3-400 years ago have the democratic right to choose their status? Their rights are less than the other tribe who want a different status. Their rights are different on the basis of what? 

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Tory boy genuinely believes that Labour haven't put forward any solutions. No doubt because he has heard it in the media so many times. He may have even read it on here.

He looked totally confused while Starmer was dishing out some reality.

😂

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Stamer ripping it up Barclay looks like he doesnt have a scooby what he is on about

Starmer completely skewered by someone saying UK minimum holiday entitlement already higher than EU  - so if Tories really wanted to lower workers holiday entitlement  to US standards, then why hasn't it happened already? His answer "because parliament wouldn't allow...." He then realised  his point about heading towards US standards was stupid and he was only too happy to take a couple of interventions while he unscrambled his head. Lawyers - very clever but not necessarily wise.

Sammy Wilson all red in the face and puffed up.  Then again, he mostly seems to look like that.

WTF were the DUP thinking in trying to cosy up to the Tories and supporting Brexit. Surely they knew leaving the EU meant huge fucking issues for Ireland and Northern Ireland.

That Carson quote about being a game in the Tory game ; yet the DUP seemingly going to abstain in the Letwin Amendemnt.

A majoirty of English Tories don't give two hoots about Northern Ireland and Scotland to an extent (polls have shown they would happily sacrifice Scotland and NI for Brexit).

Brexit is English nationalism. English/British in the sense that aye, if Scotland, Wales, NI (some even want Ireland to rejoin the UK) to go with them ; but if you get uppity and don't ; well, then off you go .

Haven't looked at numbers, but have a feeling the Letwin Amendment might fail then the Boris vote will pass.

And then Scotland, it's time to start up Indyref2 - we've got til December 2020 to get out of this absolute sham. I am/was a Yes voter but didn't do squat in the first campaign apart from try to convince a close friend to Yes (he abstained so I'll take it as a draw), but I'd certainly be motivated to do something and if that's licking envelopes ; data input for a Yes campaign ; whatever I would do something.

Time for us to go. We can't change England, it's too big and stubborn.

4 minutes ago, Kejan said:

...WTF were the DUP thinking in trying to cosy up to the Tories and supporting Brexit. Surely they knew leaving the EU meant huge fucking issues for Ireland and Northern Ireland...

My guess would be that they thought Remain would win and were safe to support Brexit and wave the Union Jack about a lot to avoid being outflanked by parties like TUV.

Why would the DUP amend though? There's not a lot I understand about them ; but that seems to buy them some time too.

Also, considering the way the Tories basically sold them down the river and putting a border in the Irish sea.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

Whilst they aren't happy, are you happy with the NI deal?

TBH, it looks pretty good from here form a NI perspective ''best of both worlds'' etc. And imagine a lot of UK businesses wil move HQ etc to Belfast to 'stay in' the EU.

Also why would they abstain Letwin amendment - buys them a bit more time regarding this deal - and considering the Tories sold them down the river.

Edited by Kejan