Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I don't mind you disagreeing or criticising, but as off-topic mince goes that's a sizeable helping you've dished up there. And let's put this myth about the EU's 'concern' to bed; this is a fabrication put about by Brexiteers in the hope that if it circulates long enough it will stick.

The EU is probably confused and disappointed but be under no illusions, they have just recorded a thumping straight sets victory over a wheezing, ill-tempered idiot in the corner. They will be just fine, but let's see where Blighty sits in the table in 10 years time.

It's neither disagreeing or criticising, it's debating. I wouldn't say it's off topic when the points made above are not just the reason why the majority voted to leave but also highlight where the EU superstate is failing and where we're witnessing growing unrest within other member States.

Major change is coming to the World as a whole. The fiat currencies are being dumped. A return to the gold standard? Cryptocurrencies? That remains to be seen.

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

IMF.

Britain's economy is equal to 27 other member states added together?

Here's a nice graph of the effect of Johnson's deal.

image.thumb.png.eeca14e12ccbd12eea0f63c858219d9d.png

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/The-economic-impact-of-Boris-Johnsons-Brexit-proposals.pdf

17 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Sammy Wilson confirms that DUP will vote against. 

#19171681900 of Welshbairns Brexit hot takes goes by the way side.

Sorry Welshbairn, love you really, but that was always always going to be the case. 

I was hearing that they'll abstain as opposed to voting against.

45 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Sammy Wilson confirms that DUP will vote against. 

#19171681900 of Welshbairns Brexit hot takes goes by the way side.

Sorry Welshbairn, love you really, but that was always always going to be the case. 

I never said they would abstain, just that they might given that all their spokesmen up till wee Sammy have merely said that they wouldn't support it. And that the rumours of billions on offer from the EU and Westminster could sway their decision.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Where were you hearing this?

I heard it on The Duran , itv news and George Galloway mentioned it too. 

Not opining one way or another but a "soft border" can be spun both ways. To NI it can be spun as a trading haven, and with Eire, it can be spun as likewise but also a step towards unifying the island.

9 minutes ago, sjc said:

I heard it on The Duran , itv news and George Galloway mentioned it too. 

Not opining one way or another but a "soft border" can be spun both ways. To NI it can be spun as a trading haven, and with Eire, it can be spun as likewise but also a step towards unifying the island.

The DUP will not abstain.

On a separate note, MPs will not see any impact assessment of the proposed deal ahead of tomorrow’s vote.

Talk about a pig in a poke.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The DUP will not abstain.

On a separate note, MPs will not see any impact assessment of the proposed deal ahead of tomorrow’s vote.

Talk about a pig in a poke.

Yet they're too spineless to call a vote of no confidence and call a general election under the guise that "we don't want Corbyn as PM". They fear for their own re-election, let's be honest.

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Yet they're too spineless to call a vote of no confidence and call a general election under the guise that "we don't want Corbyn as PM". They fear for their own re-election, let's be honest.

I imagine most MPs worry about their livelihoods, it’s not exactly surprising.

But the Brexit debacle has shown that many, including folk I have no time for, will vote in a principled way.

2 hours ago, sjc said:

Scotland hasn't voted in the previous 3 (or is it 4?) Governments......but that's not how the UK constitution  works unfortunately.

I believe that Scotland voted no overall in the 1974 referendum to join the EU......so how does that play out?

The 1975 referendum in Scottish terms was 59-41 in favour of accepting Heath/Wilson entry to EEC. Somebody probably posted this earlier but I have been reading other things today

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I imagine most MPs worry about their livelihoods, it’s not exactly surprising.

But the Brexit debacle has shown that many, including folk I have no time for, will vote in a principled way.

"A principled way"? You mean against a majority in a referendum? I'm not sure you'd be admiring the same "principles" if it was Scottish independence being denied to a majority result.

It's completely self interest.

2 minutes ago, sjc said:

"A principled way"? You mean against a majority in a referendum? I'm not sure you'd be admiring the same "principles" if it was Scottish independence being denied to a majority result.

You’re either trolling or wanting to take the debate back about 3 years.

Either way I won’t engage with you again on the subject. 

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

And don't forget he voted Leave back in 2016.

He should be rejoicing!

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re either trolling or wanting to take the debate back about 3 years.

Either way I won’t engage with you again on the subject. 

No at all. Would you honestly be happy to wait until Scotland "negotiated" the right deal with rUK, despite 75% of our exports going to (or via) England as well as no central bank and national currency plan.

The above are far bigger squares to circle than those facing the UK as a whole leaving the EU. The EU still need to trade with the UK. The world won't end.