Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

When Swinson get's binned at the next GE I pray that the winning SNP candidate apes her winning speech from the last one. Some pish about how it was proof that the people don't want independence and don't want an independence referendum. Can't find it online as they've probably buried it, or possibly because I can't be bothered looking very hard.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

When Swinson get's binned at the next GE I pray that the winning SNP candidate apes her winning speech from the last one. Some pish about how it was proof that the people don't want independence and don't want an independence referendum. Can't find it online as they've probably buried it, or possibly because I can't be bothered looking very hard.

Can't see it. There are 7500 Tory votes from 2017 which she will get a good chunk of.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Swinson will not put the greater good before her own ambitions.

In a couple of years time the LibDems will, once again, be an irrelevance and Swinson will accept a highly paid sinecure.

They're an irrelevance now

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They're an irrelevance now

In political terms maybe but not necessarily in electoral ones.

Anyway.

Good news, looks like an agreement is at hand.  All the EU need to do is drop the backstop...  Oh, wait...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49847577

BBC News highlighting the fact that Nicola has said the SNP would be prepared to accept a temporary Gov/t with Corbyn in charge to ensure that a No Deal cannot possibly go through.

My local pub has almost forgiven me (as a Scot) for my part in the Supreme Court ruling that caused Parliament to be resumed.

They know I'm a fan of Nicola and I just know I'll be made to suffer for this latest turn of events.

"The Sooner you Scots f**k off with your independence, the better"    I can hear them already. Might just give the pub a miss tonight.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

BBC News highlighting the fact that Nicola has said the SNP would be prepared to accept a temporary Gov/t with Corbyn in charge to ensure that a No Deal cannot possibly go through.

My local pub has almost forgiven me (as a Scot) for my part in the Supreme Court ruling that caused Parliament to be resumed.

They know I'm a fan of Nicola and I just know I'll be made to suffer for this latest turn of events.

"The Sooner you Scots f**k off with your independence, the better"    I can hear them already. Might just give the pub a miss tonight.

Just mention that she's not asking for a billion quid bung like Arlene did. Tell them they can spend it on the NHS instead.

Just wear a pair of sunglasses and part your hair to the other side and they’ll never recognise you.

Always enjoy your pub updates on this thread. It’s Friday night for goodness sakes, get yourself down there and let us know how you get on.

Stick the fucking heed in these c***s

Tell them about how you used racist language on here and you might become one of the lads.

5 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Actually some of the stuff is pretty niche and really can’t be that much of a bulk import. 

Even "pretty niche" stuff can be made and transported in bulk for a global market.  

But in any event, what’s stopping post-Brexit bulk imports? 

Jesus. The additional paperwork, the additional costs and the additional checks will cause terrible delays and create chaos, causing businesses to fail, jobs to be lost, shortages in food and medicine and could easily put lives at risk .  Are you not paying attention?

And what’s with the moron chat Baxter? Don’t copy these other bad boys on the forum. It doesn’t make you look hard.

If you don't want to be called a fucking moron stop writing fucking moronic posts.

12 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Always enjoy your pub updates on this thread. It’s Friday night for goodness sakes, get yourself down there and let us know how you get on.

Okay, but if you don't get any updates from me you'll know that something awful's happened.

(Or maybe something wonderful, if you're an ultra PC Scot)

Actually some of the stuff is pretty niche and really can’t be that much of a bulk import. But let’s not delve into my sexual preferences just now. But in any event, what’s stopping post-Brexit bulk imports? 

If your weird sexual preferences are shared by 0.01% of the population, you will have roughly 6000 fellow fetishists in the UK out of an overall 51000 fellow fetishists in the EU.

At the moment, goods are exported from China to multiple ports in the EU. Let's suggest that a single batch of  51000 exotic items is imported into Rotterdam.

Currently, these items will have to clear Dutch customs, and can then be supplied to consumers & retailers across the whole EU. No further checks need to be made when they enter any other EU country. Accordingly, the 6000 items destined for the UK can be split into a smaller batch and sent from Rotterdam to the UK without further checks.

However, after the UK leaves the EU, the checks carried out in Rotterdam will be irrelevant. Under WTO, they will have to be re-examined on entry to the UK.

In addition, whilst EU safety markings on the goods will be acceptable in the UK for a limited period after a no-deal brexit, current plans suggest that CE marking will cease to be acceptable after a transitional period, and additional UK-only markings will be required from some future date.

Both these factors will increase the price of the goods in the UK.

14 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

If your weird sexual preferences are shared by 0.01% of the population, you will have roughly 6000 fellow fetishists in the UK out of an overall 51000 fellow fetishists in the EU.

At the moment, goods are exported from China to multiple ports in the EU. Let's suggest that a single batch of  51000 exotic items is imported into Rotterdam.

Currently, these items will have to clear Dutch customs, and can then be supplied to consumers & retailers across the whole EU. No further checks need to be made when they enter any other EU country. Accordingly, the 6000 items destined for the UK can be split into a smaller batch and sent from Rotterdam to the UK without further checks.

However, after the UK leaves the EU, the checks carried out in Rotterdam will be irrelevant. Under WTO, they will have to be re-examined on entry to the UK.

In addition, whilst EU safety markings on the goods will be acceptable in the UK for a limited period after a no-deal brexit, current plans suggest that CE marking will cease to be acceptable after a transitional period, and additional UK-only markings will be required from some future date.

Both these factors will increase the price of the goods in the UK.

EU's choice not ours, remember. Why be a part of this 'club' if they will be that vindictive?

In the event of a No Deal I especially look forward to the gates being opened at Dover for all and sundry when the UK has to let everything through because it is the only way to keep the country from starving. Why would France give a shit about illegals trying to get to the UK? We'd be out the club. They will give it 'on you go'. Less problems for them.

A 'delicious' unintended consequence of Brexit will be that we will be flooded with the unwanted brown immigrants that would never have made it here if we voted to remain.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

44 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

In what’s rather an odd take I was racially abused by an English guy in the food court of a mall in Orlando, my crime being Scottish, apparently brexit will sort me out. Oh what fun.

I had almost forgotten about English tourists until I had to get back from Orlando to Chicago a couple of months back and there was a flight to London going thru security at the same time. Every single one of them exactly the same expression, somewhere slap bang in the middle of gormless and hateful.