Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

And the news outlets in the now government defeat appear to be only crediting one

I don’t think even the BBC or Sky were expecting this degree of slap-down from the SC. Their coverage has been shite all-round, and very disorganised.

I see BoJo is accusing the SC of trying to frustrate Brexit despite the Governments QC in court arguing that, erm, prorogation was nothing to do with Brexit.

I said it earlier today, but Keen and Eadie must be red in the face with sheer embarrassment with this verdict.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

I said it earlier today, but Keen and Eadie must be red in the face with sheer embarrassment with this verdict.

What's an early-90s era Clydebank striker got to do with all of this?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/legal-expert-david-allen-greens-take-on-supreme-co/

But the genius of Dominic Cummings and Nikki Da Costa and the Number 10 operation have converted something that was inherently non-justicable to an 11-0 victory at the Supreme Court, just by their own tomfoolery.

Well worth a listen for those who are looking a bit of the legal implications. 

14 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The court have said because the Gina Miller appeal has been upheld with no right of governmental appeal, the Cherry et al appeal doesnt need to be heard any more. 

I thought the Government's appeal against the Scottish case had been rejected and thus the verdict in Edinburgh was upheld.

Boris keeps emphasising that the law as it stands means by default we leave 31st. Which is intriguing.  Is he maybe going to refuse to extend on the basis that the S.50 notice legislation and the Benn Act legislation contradict each other and that he therefor is forced to chose which law to obey - and is choosing the prior law? Is this all about forcing the remainers to specifically revoke the prior legislation - and then he can fight the next election on the basis of Boris and the people v Parliament and the Courts?

55 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Not even that brass-necked cúnt would attempt that.......immediate Contempt of Court I’d think.
Nah, he’ll be busy throwing Cummings under the bus and trying to save his own sorry arse....

Don't think so.   Johnson will keep on brazening it out, lying unreservedly, until he's forced out. 

... blaming Parliament, other MP's, the law.... and he can proclaim himself as the Great Martyr,

and ready to fight another day for whatever cause he can attach himself to, for the benefit of Boris.

Boris keeps emphasising that the law as it stands means by default we leave 31st. Which is intriguing.  Is he maybe going to refuse to extend on the basis that the S.50 notice legislation and the Benn Act legislation contradict each other and that he therefor is forced to chose which law to obey - and is choosing the prior law? Is this all about forcing the remainers to specifically revoke the prior legislation - and then he can fight the next election on the basis of Boris and the people v Parliament and the Courts?

This government is not capable of playing some type of 56d chess.

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Who is this cünt Bridgen ? Get him to feck......

A Johnston supporting Conservative MP - completely misrepresenting the verdict and what the case was about. But apart from that...