Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The DUP's Sammy Wilson is warning the bill seeking to delay the UK's Brexit date, will "give us multiple extensions, the terms of which will be dictated to us by the EU".

"Quite honestly I don't think any sane person

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-49557734

Sammy WIlson would not know sanity if it bit him on the arse. 

2 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Labour has a significant minority of leave MPs and actually has a leave majority of voters, or at least did last time I seen polling. The SNP and LD's are set to make gains vs Labour, so any "pact" would either be seen as a betrayal by Labours members by handing seats to them or seen as a betrayal of the SNP and LDs by handing seats they think they can win to Labour. Farage has zero seats and only a very long shot chance at two or three, he has nothing to give up other than his vanity project. 

The issue does not line up on party lines other than the SNP, LDs and Brexit Party. 

Sorry but this is absolute horseshit. Labour voters went for remain by a roughly 2:1 ratio

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Labour voters went for remain by a roughly 2:1 ratio

My mistake, Labour seats went leave. 

According to these estimates, around 75% of constituencies that were won by the Conservatives in the 2017 general election voted to Leave, while around 61% of Labour constituencies voted to Leave. All seats won by the Scottish National Party and the Green Party, and a majority of the seats won by the Liberal Democrats and Plaid Cymru, voted to Remain.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-majority-conservative-and-labour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

8 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

My mistake, Labour seats went leave. 

This is why I can’t understand the likes of Kinnock.  Labour moving towards a pro-EU position is unlikely to lose Labour votes in Labour held Leave seats.  If anything it’s more likely to increase the vote for Labour in such seats.

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Labour vote split 70 Remain, 30 Leave. 

That's not really relevant though as it's the split in marginals and target seats that really matters.

Labour held leave seats in the North of England/Midlands are also the areas where the turnout increased the most from a GE to the EU referendum. The truth is, a lot of the leave voters in those constituencies were voting for the first and only time in their lives. They're not voting for Labour or anyone else in a GE so they can be ignored.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Labour held leave seats in the North of England/Midlands are also the areas where the turnout increased the most from a GE to the EU referendum. The truth is, a lot of the leave voters in those constituencies were voting for the first and only time in their lives. They're not voting for Labour or anyone else in a GE so they can be ignored.

Disagree. 

Labour pulled in a couple of million first time voters in 2017. They are dependent on reaching beyond the regular electorate to defeat the pensioner army.

Jesus, look at The Saj! If ever someone has had his souls hollowed out and his spirit broken, it's the Tories' favourite fraudster.

ETA: Fúck me.  I spoke at a People's Parliament rally at the weekend and, off the cuff, referred to the Tory front bench as a wretched hive of scum and villiany. I was right, wasn't I?

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie