Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

For Cherry etc its a great way to show just how removed from the decision making process Scotland and it’s people are. Then when it comes to indy 2 we can list everything we tried which was gleefully swept aside by the UK. Win or lose the court case it contributes to the argument for independence. A hard brexit pretty much guarantees it. The only way indy 2 is defeated is brexit being scrapped.

How does a Scottish court confirming that the Queen is sovereign show Scotland isn't involved?

I disagree about Brexit and Indyref. A potential hard border at Gretna and no automatic right to work in England kills it along with the Sterlingisation shambles. 

John Curtice on the news saying he thinks Boris is going to for an election post Brexit which is what I expect. 

The scary thing about this is that the Project Fear idiots have created an atmosphere where simply not having food and medicine shortages makes him look like a hugely capable leader.

How does a Scottish court confirming that the Queen is sovereign show Scotland isn't involved?
I disagree about Brexit and Indyref. A potential hard border at Gretna and no automatic right to work in England kills it along with the Sterlingisation shambles. 

It wont be seen as a Scottish court, its the UK establishment, the crown saying no, going against the best interests of the Scottish people to impose Tory racist policies on them.
The UK has already said they wont impose a hard border, that bluster from 2014 is shown to be nonsense.

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Irish are guaranteed full freedom of movement and rights to work, claim benefits etc, why on Earth would Scots be treated any different? Or English working here for that matter? Project Fear is alive and well.

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, Detournement said:

John Curtice on the news saying he thinks Boris is going to for an election post Brexit which is what I expect. 

The scary thing about this is that the Project Fear idiots have created an atmosphere where simply not having food and medicine shortages makes him look like a hugely capable leader.

It may well do - but only to those who are not already suffering from cutbacks in public services, the health service, education, etc. Or those who are not receiving begging letters from schools for equipment. Or those who haven't had to rely on our Welfare system with its assumption that claimants are poor because they deserve it.

We already are suffering from shortages. Not because of brexit - because these fucking Tory cúnts don't care what happens to this shitty little island and its dreadful common people. Once they've bled the place dry, or the oiks rise up in a proper (i.e. violent and focussed) revolt - whichever comes first - they'll be fucking off to the Caymans or Panama to spend more time with our money.

These cúnts have used Brexit as a cover for the most incompetent domestic policies I've ever seen, and the fúcking Media have let them get away with it. I've said it before - the print media's agenda is obvious, and ITV/C4 can't upset advertisers too much. The BBC, though. The absolute, nailed-on, copper-bottomed proof that we have become a banana republic.

HYS on the BBC is absolutely howl at the moon stuff - some of these Leave voters are utter simpletons and economic illiterates.

The anti-Scotland stuff makes fantastic reading - folk should share it and show people what certain elements in the English electorate really think of our place in the union.

Equal partner - my fucking arse!!

I don’t regularly cross the border and if I do go to England I usually end up flying anyway. Wouldn’t change a thing for thousands like me either.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Christ no. Doesn’t your missus every drag you round them ever on occasion? Good grief!

Oh, I do. I also like having staff who will read my order form, go get what I want, pack it and post it directly to my front door. Lovely.

Here’s a scenario I could live with:

1. Johnson returns to Parliament with a ‘new’ deal which is really May’s deal.

2.  Parliament reject this despite many right wing Labour MPs backing it.

3.  We crash out on 31 October.

4.  Johnson tries to call an immediate GE but fails to get the necessary numbers.

Here’s a scenario I could live with:
1. Johnson returns to Parliament with a ‘new’ deal which is really May’s deal.
2.  Parliament reject this despite many right wing Labour MPs backing it.
3.  We crash out on 31 October.
4.  Johnson tries to call an immediate GE but fails to get the necessary numbers.

You missed:

5. SNP landslide in Scotland.

6. SNP supply and confidence deal to the party that gives them IndyRef2.

See this court case that Joanne Cherry and co are doing... why? Colossal waste of time and energy. Nobody is even paying attention to it except the BBC.

It's very significant and, from my understanding, has a good chance of bring upheld.

It would mean, if I have read things correctly, that the default position for Brexit is not No Deal but Revoke.

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's very significant and, from my understanding, has a good chance of bring upheld.

It would mean, if I have read things correctly, that the default position for Brexit is not No Deal but Revoke.

See, I'd like to believe this but I'm having trouble finding a reasonable explanation.  I have a lot of time for Cherry and find she's not only on the side of the angels, but not the type to chase a lost cause. Gotta link, mate?

4 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Yet more Brexit supporting politicians are astonished by the entirely predictable consequences of their actions:

Aye, another Windrush scandal - time it right and Priti gets a couple of months back-bench time to get her Christmas shopping done or fit in a wee working holiday in Israel before swanning back into cabinet. 'S how it worked for Amber Fudd, right?