Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

So ineffective that Corbyn's about to lay into his third Tory PM,

That in itself is entirely damning of Corbyn's uselessness as a politician. We're now on our third Tory PM since 2016, each one of whom would easily slide into a top five of useless all-time Prime Ministers, yet virtually EVERY approval rating poll since Corbyn became leader of that fucking rabble has him massively less popular than any of them. Theresa fucking May was far more popular for christ's sakes. 

I'm sure Corbyn is a lovely chap, but he's simply not cut out for this. 

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Corbyn fans boys coming out the closet here.

Corbyn has had 3 years to oppose the Tories and Brexit and hasn’t laid a glove on them yet because Swinson won’t back his 11th hour, latest lame duck attempt she’s the blame for a Hard Brexit?

Get that to f**k.

MP's are going to say to themselfs do we want a real live Marxist in power.

No fecking way do we want that.

The Tories are shite but really a self confessed Marxist?

Bebb, Grieve and now Wollaston saying they could back Corbyn’s proposal.

Looks like it’s gaining momentum (no pun intended) and self absorbed egotists like Swinson and Umunna could end up being No Deal enablers.

8 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

That in itself is entirely damning of Corbyn's uselessness as a politician. We're now on our third Tory PM since 2016, each one of whom would easily slide into a top five of useless all-time Prime Ministers, yet virtually EVERY approval rating poll since Corbyn became leader of that fucking rabble has him massively less popular than any of them. Theresa fucking May was far more popular for christ's sakes. 

I'm sure Corbyn is a lovely chap, but he's simply not cut out for this. 

When you've got a MSM constantly painting you as an anti-semetic IRA terrorist bomber, is it any wonder he's so unpopular?
If anything, it's the fault of the intelligence of the English general public, not Jeremy Corbyn.

I can understand why Corbyn has made the offer but I think it has a snowball in hell's chance of happening.

I just can't see Corbyn attracting all of his own party never mind the other opposition parties as well as Tory dissenters.

The only way such a plan could work is if the temporary PM was one who was genuinely seen as having no ambitions for higher office - it would have to be a long-serving back bencher, someone respected by all sides of the house, someone without any baggage and someone that a majority of MPs could trust to do the right thing.

I am struggling to think of anyone who meets that description.
I think the issue is that there's a considerable number of staunch Labour Leavers and others who are very nervy about the seats they hold. If there is a compromise candidate, there's zero incentive for them to stick and I don't really see how it happens without the vast majority of Labour MPs. Corbyn then gives them the whole 'Labour Deal Brexit' thing that they can campaign for in a General Election campaign that would be relatively quick.

Any Tory MP voting for a compromise figurehead or Corbyn themselves to prevent no deal is ending their career, it's pretty apparent they'd instantly he deselected. I could see a handful who maybe have nothing to lose but not near the amount that would be needed to make up the Labour Leave losses.

I think Corbyn as PM is probably the best chance we've got of sorting this situation out right now. As long as he's willing to maybe give the other parties a photo op, possibly allowing them on the plane to Brussels.

27 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

When you've got a MSM constantly painting you as an anti-semetic IRA terrorist bomber, is it any wonder he's so unpopular?
If anything, it's the fault of the intelligence of the English general public, not Jeremy Corbyn.

He is a lump of wood who is out of his depth, you just have to watch PMQ's where he was up against the worst PM on record and because he was so stuck in his Brexity ways he couldn't see the wood for the trees. He would go on about letters from Phyllis from Pontefract who was worried about the lack of blue tits in her garden or some other shite while the UK was driving over a cliff. In saying that as the leader of the opposition he has a right to be calling for him to lead a temporary govt if Johnson is toppled. If parliament don't accept this then it's a case of nominating likely folk who can unite the majority of the house.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

and self absorbed egotists like Swinson and Umunna could end up being No Deal enablers.

"I demand you all make me PM and anyone who does not agree to my right to run the country is a self absorbed egoist."

How does this work. Everyone that does not do what Corbyn and Granny Danger tell them to an egoist?

Simple minded twaddle. 

1 minute ago, dorlomin said:

"I demand you all make me PM and anyone who does not agree to my right to run the country is a self absorbed egoist."

How does this work. Everyone that does not do what Corbyn and Granny Danger tell them to an egoist?

Simple minded twaddle. 

Fact of the matter stands. Corbyn IS the leader of the Labour Party and doesn't need to willingly step down. If Labour wanted rid of him badly enough, they could force him out. But they can't. Funny that.

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Fact of the matter stands. Corbyn IS the leader 

That has nothing to do with what I said. I queried that anyone who disagrees with him is a "egoist" for doing so. But you are one of the lower IQ contributors so the point likely sailed over your head. 

4 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

That has nothing to do with what I said. I queried that anyone who disagrees with him is a "egoist" for doing so. But you are one of the lower IQ contributors so the point likely sailed over your head. 

Yeah... you really don't want to get into a debate about IQ levels with me. 😂

A bit of shit stirring or a definite maybe?

3UaJbVoJ_normal.jpg
Natalie Rowe

@RealNatalieRowe
· 17h
@joswinson Can you confirm that you HAVE NOT been in discussions with @BorisJohnson specifically between the 9th - 12th of this Month of August ? Cause nothing gets passed the Nats. A simple YES or NO, will suffice. I’ll wait, but not too long.

😙
#JoSwinson #BorisJohnson
Show this thread

13 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Do you even read the things you post

This article is about the historical Tory party.

An inaccurate sentence used solely to distinguish the topic of the article from the modern Scottish Unionist Party.

Perhaps had you given reading for the sake of comprehension a go for the first time ever you'd have then found that the original Unionist Party was an independent organisation that also didn't use the rather key term 'Conservative' in its campaign materials. So not actually the Tory party at all but rather a Ulster Unionist-type tagalong from a different political culture. 

Edited by vikingTON

17 hours ago, virginton said:

Scotland hasn't voted for any form of Tory government in its history; your country does it every five years. 

17 hours ago, Detournement said:

That's not true. Tories got an actual majority of Scottish votes in 1955 and were the largest party several times between then and universal suffrage beginning in 1929.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

An inaccurate sentence used solely to distinguish the topic of the article from the modern Scottish Unionist Party.

Perhaps had you given reading for the sake of comprehension a go for the first time ever you'd have then found that the original Unionist Party was an independent organisation that also didn't use the rather key term 'Conservative' in its campaign materials. So not actually the Tory party at all but rather a Ulster Unionist-type tagalong from a different political culture. 

No one said Conservative mate.

This article is about the historical Tory party.

They also took the Conservative whip at Westminster.

6 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Simple minded twaddle. 

6 hours ago, dorlomin said:

You use terms like “simple minded” and “low IQ” the same way that Trump does.  I think the term is projection.

Getting back to the substantive point; the leader of the official opposition has far more legitimacy than the recently elected leader of the Lib Dems, who has previously enabled a Tory Government, or a guy who has defected from the party he was elected under without going back to his constituents for approval.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

You use terms like “simple minded” and “low IQ” the same way that Trump does

189.png

; the leader of the official opposition has far more legitimacy

and self absorbed egotists like Swinson and Umunna could end up being No Deal enablers.

You have a throbbing hard on for Corbyn and little interest in even trying to understand other peoples point of view. 

Dorlomin, I think you may be mixing GD up with me, as his attitude towards Corbyn is far less forgiving than mine.
That aside, who do you see that can command more support in the HoC?

Why should we cast aside convention and decide that the leader of the opposition not be the person to attempt to form a government?