Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Off course they would. Their fucking arses would collapse at their April 10th summit, thus granting a long extension 
Also, can we please stop referencing Norway model.. no motion that has single market(freedom of movement) will get anywhere near passed. Look at wednesday results! Customs Union(clarkes) maybe.

Different when Farage and the rest of the Leave Liars were offering it as the model to follow during the referendum.

A slim majority should never have determined we were going for a hard Leave deal.

Too many politicians frightened to tell these Gammon b*****ds to go do one.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It would be boringly interesting to go back through the thread and see if anyone predicted where we are now. I doubt it. I just see it as a sad but comic soap opera and try to predict what will happen in the next episode. Some people appear to think I'm under the illusion that I know what I'm talking about. Nobody does, including May. Come to think of it, here's a prediction, bookmark it. General Election on May 23rd. I will prepare myself for humiliation.

I totally predicted everything correctly as will become obvious when I publish my memoirs in 5 years time.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Different when Farage and the rest of the Leave Liars were offering it as the model to follow during the referendum.

A slim majority should never have determined we were going for a hard Leave deal.

Too many politicians frightened to tell these Gammon b*****ds to go do one.

There’s lots of the Tories (and quite a few Labour MPs) who are doing this because they genuinely believe in it not because their pandering to anyone.

In other news. Vote Leave not now appealing their guilty verdict over electoral violations.

Trying to bury the news on the day we were meant to be leaving or were they always going to announce that news today and effectively stick 2 fingers up to remain voters and the political elite?

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The turn of the DUP today might be of interest after the betrayal as they see it by a big section of the ERG...

They will be in no rush for a GE given the leverage they hold. It will take the crazier ERG types defecting to UKIP or some other far right splinter party in response to a long delay to bring about that outcome.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They will be in no rush for a GE given the leverage they hold. It will take the crazier ERG types defecting to UKIP or some other far right splinter party in response to a long delay to bring about that outcome.

Not a GE, no but watch this if you missed today's shenanigans.

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1111682050707345410

An interesting caveat in Clarke's motion reading it again, is that they accept May's deal but only on the condition of tacking on staying in the customs union. Surely that still requires the £39 billion payment, and the transition period of a year and a half etc.....Could be that May has to come round to this, dropping the red lines on CU and implementing the rest of her plan. 

All sounds like a bit of a mish mash at the moment (doesn't all of it), but we could end up with some form of alignment if Clarke's motion can gain support, then she would have yet another go, probably next week with the Withdrawal Agreement plus CU, which could potentially pass. (It can b a MV3 as it is substantially different as a motion).

Not sure how the backstop staying in there, as it would have to with her deal fits with the CU though, as that removes the need for a backstop, presumably because NI and ROI have the same tariff arrangements, as does the rUK to keep everyone allinged with the EU.

Ultimately, it looks like a bit of a holding arrangement to get this over the line. Given that Lab support a CU (today anyway) are they able to get on board with May's deal plus CU?

Not sure how a run off between May deal plus CU v Remain wold fit a confirmatory Ref afterwards...that might have to be dropped if this deal can be done.

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Forgive me, Brexit fatigue setting in, but if a deal with a CU staggers through where does this leave trade deals ? Please tell me that we would be bound in a way that debarred the UK from prostrating itself before America. Please....

A Customs Union would mean separate, independent trade deals were not possible.  That’s why the rabid free marketeers don’t want it.

Moving away from the serious stuff; I hope Theresa May feels like shit tonight and has an insight into her own incompetence.

Edited by Granny Danger

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Forgive me, Brexit fatigue setting in, but if a deal with a CU staggers through where does this leave trade deals ? Please tell me that we would be bound in a way that debarred the UK from prostrating itself before America. Please....

Yep. If CU is in there, UK isn't in a position to strike their own trade deals. Astonishingly though May is still able to get her deal through with a CU but only if she drops her red lines over the weekend.

Edited by Jedi

Always thought Brian Moore  was a pure c**t, a horrible wee pitbull and then after he retired you heard about his upbringing and his values and you realise you can be a proud Englishman without being a jingoistic racist fandan. I now appreciate I was a fandan too.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A Customs Union would mean separate, independent trade deals were not possible.  That’s why the rabid free marketeers don’t want it.

Moving away from the serious stuff; I hope Theresa May feels like shit tonight and has an insight into her own incompetence.

Lets not forget how this whole Brexit fiasco began.

A couple of clowns defected from the Tories to UKIP which set wheels in motion for the referendum.

Up until that point nobody, but nobody was even contemplating that the UK could or should consider leaving the EU. 

If any good can come out of this mess it will be Scottish Independence.

Thank you Granny, I'll sleep tonight, relegation six-pointer with Stenny tomorrow notwithstanding.

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
21 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
Is it possible at all the the UK won’t go into a recession after Brexit?
Who voted to leave the EU? Genuinely how stupid can you be?

Granny Danger

:lol:

I bet he wishes he had never mentioned that now.