Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This is interesting if true. If the DUP come behind a Customs Union it could come first on Monday.

https://twitter.com/nicholaswatt/status/1111600381774180352

DUP astonished to find upper class Tories don't care about another other country except England shock.

EDIT:  Even then, only certainly parts of England.

Edited by Comrie

Aw FFS. My understanding is that Jo Swinson went to clober primary and Douglas academy, both state schools in Milngavie. On top of this I've met many a Milngavie and Bearsden person through my linkage with Thistle, West of Scotland rugby and Glasgow warriors. All have Glaswegian accents. Jo Swinson may spend 4 days in London but she spends about 3 days a week in Glasgow, every week. Her accent has suddenly gone English as perhaps she's ashamed of her roots. I dunno
I suppose there may be evidence somewhere on youtube to the contrary, but I don't think Swinson's accent has changed much since she entered political life.

No idea if she spoke more 'normal' before she was well known right enough.

Thanks to the Scottish Tories and some Labour rebels, I can see this vote being close enough to see her half baked deal getting re- presented next week.

Bercow's rule about presenting the same bill unaltered will come into play again in than event surely?

The fact someone in what looks like a disability scooter supports anything by the most far right of the Tories makes me confused beyond belief.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't see anyone from the OO in that clip.  Where?

It's our favourite Question Time plant and his mates.      
Livingston True Blues Flute Band

Right for the visitors and guests coming along with the Livingston True Blues to London then the bus leaves the Stirrup Stane at midnight on Thursday night. Travelling down and booked into a Wetherspoons (Pendel Oak , Holborn) where we will be looked after with food and refreshments when we arrive. Tim Martin the owner of Wetherspoons is the only Tim I'll be pleasant to this weekend!!! 
Parading from St Paul's cathedral and also by Trafalgar Square , Whitehall, and past Parliament Square. Parading with Fishing For Leave.... Then leading off Leave Means Leave from the other side of Parliament to the square. After the rally ends at 7pm.its back to Wetherspoons for some Scran laid on for us and a few beers before heading up the road again. 
For anyone coming with us this is a free bus. Anyone wishing to take part in the parade let me know and I'll get you kitted out asap.

Just now, dirty dingus said:
It's our favourite Question Time plant and his mates.      
Livingston True Blues Flute Band

Right for the visitors and guests coming along with the Livingston True Blues to London then the bus leaves the Stirrup Stane at midnight on Thursday night. Travelling down and booked into a Wetherspoons (Pendel Oak , Holborn) where we will be looked after with food and refreshments when we arrive. Tim Martin the owner of Wetherspoons is the only Tim I'll be pleasant to this weekend!!! 
Parading from St Paul's cathedral and also by Trafalgar Square , Whitehall, and past Parliament Square. Parading with Fishing For Leave.... Then leading off Leave Means Leave from the other side of Parliament to the square. After the rally ends at 7pm.its back to Wetherspoons for some Scran laid on for us and a few beers before heading up the road again. 
For anyone coming with us this is a free bus. Anyone wishing to take part in the parade let me know and I'll get you kitted out asap.

So are you not going to answer my Q?

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's ironic that it might be Tories like John Redwood and Dominic Grieve who could prevent May winning. Both diametrically opposed in terms of Europe but both principled enough to recognise that a turd is a turd.

Redwood and that DUP guy were the best 2 speakers when I was listening to it earlier.

6 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:
Thanks to the Scottish Tories and some Labour rebels, I can see this vote being close enough to see her half baked deal getting re- presented next week.

Bercow's rule about presenting the same bill unaltered will come into play again in than event surely?

They'll find some way round it, the devious c***s that they are.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

So are you not going to answer my Q?

Ok, unless anyone knows anyone personally in the video we can't deduce any are a member of the Grand Orange Order. I'm sure a Loyalist flute band is enough baggage for the Brexiteers to be associated with.

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Ok, unless anyone knows anyone personally in the video we can't deduce any are a member of the Grand Orange Order. I'm sure a Loyalist flute band is enough baggage for the Brexiteers to be associated with.

Exactly.

As for baggage?  I avoid Brexiteers so I wouldn't know.