Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
TBF some people's accent changes quickly if they move. A mate of mine moved to London as a kid and he still sounds as Scottish as ever, his sister about the same age sounds like a cockney. 

Jo Swinson lives in milngavie m8

Yeah, she should have a pure Glasgow accent and manner of speaking so she should.

Never know with the Labour mob, but get some money on it passing 4/1 and at least make up for the shiteness of it all by winning some cash. It doesn't pass, then WIN/WIN unless you are one of the loons who wants the WA to win.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
TBF some people's accent changes quickly if they move. A mate of mine moved to London as a kid and he still sounds as Scottish as ever, his sister about the same age sounds like a cockney. 

Jo Swinson lives in milngavie m8

Spends most of her time in London.

5 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Never know with the Labour mob, but get some money on it passing 4/1 and at least make up for the shiteness of it all by winning some cash. It doesn't pass, then WIN/WIN unless you are one of the loons who wants the WA to win.

Think the votes due at 14:30 so better get betting soon.

I still can’t see it passing but whatever i bet on the opposite always seems to happen so I know where my monies going. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Interesting topic, and probably way off topic - time for a new thread?

You must have a bit of a wild accent. Sneckie via Wales through Falkirk? Plus all the living abroad/traveling you've done.

I'm from outside Dundee and sound pretty much polite Dundonian-ish ; family Weegie and think if I have to speak slower/pronounce words (if people are not understanding my peasant Dundee/Angus teuchter-ish twang - usually in England or abroad) I end up sounding west coast-ish, feck knows. Although thankfully I don't go all Weegie with cousins/family or down there

Just now, Londonwell said:

I still can’t see it passing but whatever i bet on the opposite always seems to happen so I know where my monies going. 

I stuck it on at 3/1 with Bet365, and its popped up to 4/1.

I don't think it'll pass either. I think it'll fail by about 30-50 votes ; but if it does scrape in then extra £25 for the weekend will be a wee helper.

Aw FFS. My understanding is that Jo Swinson went to clober primary and Douglas academy, both state schools in Milngavie. On top of this I've met many a Milngavie and Bearsden person through my linkage with Thistle, West of Scotland rugby and Glasgow warriors. All have Glaswegian accents. Jo Swinson may spend 4 days in London but she spends about 3 days a week in Glasgow, every week. Her accent has suddenly gone English as perhaps she's ashamed of her roots. I dunno

The DUP previously said the only way they would oppose the government in a VoC would be if May’s deal goes through.  Given their opposition today I wonder what will happen if the WA proposal passes.

New VoC motion next week?

If you listen carefully glimmers of Scottish come through. I find that kind of ashamed-to-be-Scottish accent really hard to get past and listen to the substance of what someone is saying.

See also Jackie Baillie, Fraser Nelson, Alex Massie.
I believe Jackie Baillie grew up in South Africa, the rest of them have no excuse other than affectation.

1 hour ago, tintax said:

Scotland will never forgive Labour if they vote this through for May. It will lead to a bad brexit deal for Scotland and someone like Boris becoming PM

In some respects it could be the watershed moment which sees us finally break away from the Union.

Wonder if there's any chance of a wee bit of rioting in London? Several Brexit factions marching today although no idea of the numbers to be fair
Think you are on to something. The pro Europeans have stayed at home today and it's all leave/ukip supporters outside WM. Headlines like the expresses today don't help

28 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Wonder if there's any chance of a wee bit of rioting in London? Several Brexit factions marching today although no idea of the numbers to be fair

I'm thinking of heading down to the local petrol station tonight to get "tooled up" with a gallon of 4 star in order to make a couple of molotov cocktails.

I'm just not sure whether I should run over the cars first before launching the petrol bombs at them.

Decisions, decisions..................

42 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

11/2 yer candy now, with 1/10 for another embarrassing defeat, so the bookies reckon it's unlikely that she'll get it through.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

11/2 yer candy now, with 1/10 for another embarrassing defeat, so the bookies reckon it's unlikely that she'll get it through.

Aye, Labour MP’s seem to be saying (on Twitter) that they were tempted but the threat of May being replaced by a hard brexiteer has made them think better of it. Good.