Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

"because I can never find any."

I'm sure they were Govt/bank claims, shouldn't be too hard to find them.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You're a liar and a troll.

I'm only a liar to those that don't want to see the truth.

It's par for the course on here, if 3 or 4 zoomers say something didn't happen then it didn't happen, in the real world quite a few of the Leave peapods will remember them quite well.

Just now, Principal Flutie said:

You're the one making the claims. The onus is on you to back it up. If you can't, then you'll rightly be called out as a bullshitter.

I'm well used to it, there's no onus on me to do anything, just because you can't google doesn't make it any less of a fact.

I recall Georgieboy promising us that the disaster would be "immediate and profound", yet here we are living in a growing economy with decent employment and unemployment figures, may well get worse if we ever actually leave but there's been nowt to write home about so far.

I think he did talk about an immediate and profound effect, which there was, prior to the no vote £1=$1.5, when the result came out it sank to £1=$1.2 something. The devaluation of the pound has made us poorer. Thats an immediate effect. Then as soon as the result came in businesses began making contingency plans, thus weakening the economy, again an immediate effect, consumer confidence damaged, our industry reacted immediately by looking to relocate and cut jobs. That you can look at the impact the decision to leave has caused both economically and politically and think that brexit hasn’t caused immediate and profound change on the UK says far more about your basic comprehension of facts than anything else.

Quite frankly you labouring this point has to go down as one of the most idiotic things i’ve ever read on this forum. You should stand outside a workplace of a closing factory and tell the people losing their jobs over brexit that their situation is nothing to write home about and that their redundancy isn’t going to impact the existing unemployment figures too badly, i’m sure they’ll take great comfort from that.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think he did talk about an immediate and profound effect, which there was, prior to the no vote £1=$1.5, when the result came out it sank to £1=$1.2 something. The devaluation of the pound has made us poorer. Thats an immediate effect. Then as soon as the result came in businesses began making contingency plans, thus weakening the economy, again an immediate effect, consumer confidence damaged, our industry reacted immediately by looking to relocate and cut jobs. That you can look at the impact the decision to leave has caused both economically and politically and think that brexit hasn’t caused immediate and profound change on the UK says far more about your basic comprehension of facts than anything else.

Quite frankly you labouring this point has to go down as one of the most idiotic things i’ve ever read on this forum. You should stand outside a workplace of a closing factory and tell the people losing their jobs over brexit that their situation is nothing to write home about and that their redundancy isn’t going to impact the existing unemployment figures too badly, i’m sure they’ll take great comfort from that.

He's alright though, so who gives a f**k?

Ultimately, that's what this comes down to. He's not seeing the direct impact so it simply isn't a thing. It's the sort of selfish mindset that put us in this position in the first place. f**k this guy and f**k anyone like him. I hope that down the line, they suffer badly as a result of this mess,

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Have a look at all the indicators and tell me we're in meltdown mode, it aint happened.

1 minute ago, Principal Flutie said:

He's alright though, so who gives a f**k?

Ultimately, that's what this comes down to. He's not seeing the direct impact so it simply isn't a thing. It's the sort of selfish mindset that put us in this position in the first place. f**k this guy and f**k anyone like him. I hope that down the line, they suffer badly as a result of this mess,

I voted Remain.

Osborne predicting all sorts of spending cuts after a leave vote. That was just a quick search. There's many more where that came from. To suggest Cameron and co weren't scaremongering every bit as much as they were during indy ref is wrong.

2 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Osborne predicting all sorts of spending cuts after a leave vote. That was just a quick search. There's many more where that came from. To suggest Cameron and co weren't scaremongering every bit as much as they were during indy ref is wrong.

So no prediction of a meltdown then?

1 minute ago, Principal Flutie said:

I never said you didn't, and the way you voted doesn't contradict a single thing I've said.

It actually does, to suggest I am an I'm all right Jack because I remember the lies and you don't is laughable.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

I recall Georgieboy promising us that the disaster would be "immediate and profound", yet here we are living in a growing economy with decent employment and unemployment figures, may well get worse if we ever actually leave but there's been nowt to write home about so far.

Immediately after the referendum, the value of the £ dropped drastically.

The effect on basic, and not so basic , foodstuffs came through rather quickly after that. Lots of JIT ( Just in Time) stockholding around these days.

The people who feel this in the most immediate way are those who have little, or earn little,  in the first place. 

In the end just about everyone does though.

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

So no prediction of a meltdown then?

The half a million job losses that never materialised points to them predicting a meltdown, they weren't even a wee bit out, they were off the scale wrong.

Have a look at all the indicators and tell me we're in meltdown mode, it aint happened.

Economically - lost 10% value of currency overnight- not recovered to pre result levels. Large number of job losses= reduced exports. Industry and financial sector moving to EU, even businesses owned by fcuking brexit campaigners are leaving ffs. Recession forecast. Slowest growing g7 economy. Lack of inward foreign investment.

Politically/culturally- loss of eu migrants who contribute to our economy, including doctors, care staff and manual workers. The rise of the extreme right buoyed by brexit. Increase in hate crime in many areas of the UK. Unemployment forecast to rise even further and no contingency being made. Government incapable of consensus dominated by extremists. Government incapable of planning, see the ferry scandal and lack of contingency for medicines and cancer treatment materials post brexit.

Economically fucked, getting worse if it happens and culturally and politically fucking bankrupt. But aye its ok because it’s not impacted you.