Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I've been following this shambles pretty religiously for some time through Twitter and this thread but I've missed a fair bit today - wasn't there supposed to an amendment that said that MV3 couldn't be brought before parliament? I'm guessing it was pulled - in which case can John Bercow still prevent it from happening if it's the same as MV2?

If it comes to MV3 vs no brexit I can see the useless bint's deal getting passed. As fun as it is seeing her defeated over and over again I think her deal offers good prospects for an independent Scotland. It should provide a good platform for us to GTF out of the union and surely folk won't buy into any guff threats like hard border, shit pensions, lead not leave etc.

13 minutes ago, alr said:

I've been following this shambles pretty religiously for some time through Twitter and this thread but I've missed a fair bit today - wasn't there supposed to an amendment that said that MV3 couldn't be brought before parliament? I'm guessing it was pulled - in which case can John Bercow still prevent it from happening if it's the same as MV2?

It was the last amendment and I think he pulled it because all the other amendments failed so people would worry that only hard brexit would be left if it succeeded, so it was bound to lose. Constitutionally I think Bercow could block it but I don't think he will.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was the last amendment and I think he pulled because all the other amendments failed so people would worry that only hard brexit would be left if it succeeded, so it was bound to lose.

Ah fair enough. May stumbles on then. What a sorry state of affairs.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

No they didn't, I'm still waiting for the meltdown that was to immediately follow a leave vote.

As I remember, the 'meltdown' as you put it, was forecast to happen after the UK left the EU. That is still to happen.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

She’s not yet put her deal for a 3rd time and there’s already talk about her doing it for a 4th time!

The sooner Scotland’s out of this shambles of a union the better.

If brexit goes ahead there will be a major push for an independence referendum.

Major opportunity for Scotland to be part of Europe. Leaving makes no sense at all. 

800,000 new jobs since the leave vote.

I'm not going to list all the financial institutions, manufacturers, service companies, etc that have already left but you should probably worry about the collapse in investment, the poor GDP growth figures, the lack of willing hands for agriculture and the flight of experienced staff back to Eastern Europe. The economy is about more than 800,000 new baristas, call centre desk jockeys, self employed gardeners and pensioners stacking shelves at Lidl.

Never thought I'd say this but I miss the time when the House of Lords (which should be abolished and changed to reflect regional interests) used to scrutinise what the Commons were doing and ask them to reconsider. Doesn't seem to have been any of that during Brexit. Used to be a big ping pong battle until the Commons got their way.

2 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

As I remember, the 'meltdown' as you put it, was forecast to happen after the UK left the EU. That is still to happen.

No, we were supposed to go into meltdown the minute the vote came in, the wobble in the markets reflected this, as it stands, I don't think Brexit will be as bad as portrayed, I'm actually more worried about the rejection of democracy over short term pain, time to suck it and see is where I'm at at the moment.