John Lambies Doos

Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

MUSSUS BUNFIELD

3 minutes ago, renton said:

At the moment I'm less than certain it'll be a three figure loss, could be a lot closer that might offer May a crack of light? Seems to be a steady trickle of Tory MPs saying they'll now vote for the deal having previously voted against.

14 switchers at the moment going by The Guardian live blog.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Doesn't say anything more than what the BBC has reported.

They ain't voting for it.

Just now, Londonwell said:

Plus, an abstention, or voting against, would not make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, when the DUP only has 10 members to play with. 

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

I think that's been established , what we're trying to find out is if they're voting against it.

Assuming the deal does get voted down tonight and a vote to remove "No Deal" as an option is passed but withdrawing A50 altogether is ruled out, the ideal situation would be for May to front out leading the Tories in a General Election (with A50 being extended), a "leaders debate" being organised in front of a live studio audience in the North of England / Scotland, and then watch as a room full of people spontaneously combust through laughter and disbelief when May inevitably utters the line "Coalition of Chaos" about a potential Labour and SNP confidence agreement, which she one million percent would do. 

That one moment of pure satirical comedy might be worth the utter fucking cesspit that is Brexit Britain.*

*it won't be

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think that's been established , what we're trying to find out is if they're voting against it.

LK is reporting that they are, look it up.

The knock on effect to the ERG is what really matters.

ETA. when i say 'really matters' she lost the last vote by 2/3rds so really matters in that little xenophobic, backwards corner of parliament. TL;DR... she ain't getting her deal through, barring some miracle. 

Edited by Londonwell

If there is a GE and the Tories get a majority that does not guarantee that May would get her deal through.

The Conservative and Labour manifestos would be hilarious.

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There you go, seems to imply they will be voting against...

image.png.ce96bb863e897c4931e6b701ee6731cc.png

Edit - If there was any doubt - 

image.png.82108248bc34868223c95729dccf15aa.png

Edited by jamieson87

SNP should offer May their votes in exchange for authorising an indy ref at a time of their choosing. And 5 Billion pounds.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Anyone know what time the vote might be ?

Supposed to be 7pm.

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

SNP should offer May their votes in exchange for authorising an indy ref at a time of their choosing. And 5 Billion pounds.

Surely any sort of compromise with the Tories is anathema to them? I know he's out on his ear now but Salmond on election night 2015 springs to mind.