Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Brexit Boost for the UK as Trump says post Brexit trade with the US will increase substantially, according to some papers.

Aye nae bother. Sub standard shite not currently allowed due to basic rules over products standards to flood every part of our lives is a bit of a mouthful tbf. Lets stick with Brexit Boost.
Aye, The Daily Express, Britain's crusading toilet roll for one; they actually had 'Trump' and 'common sense' in the one sub-heading.

Check pages 38-45 for details on how the NHS will be raped.

Aye, The Daily Express, Britain's crusading toilet roll for one; they actually had 'Trump' and 'common sense' in the one sub-heading.

Check pages 38-45 for details on how the NHS will be raped.
This narrative will be up there with the Sum reporting the destruction of the Working Time Directive as an "overtime boom for hard working Brits".

c***s actually buy this stuff. There are people who believe that tearing up these protections will be good for them.

This narrative will be up there with the Sum reporting the destruction of the Working Time Directive as an "overtime boom for hard working Brits".

c***s actually buy this stuff. There are people who believe that tearing up these protections will be good for them.
The irony of it is that many of these purchasing c***s are currently sunning themselves in the Canaries. I call it Yvonne Stone syndrome

18 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/16/flybmi-collapses-blaming-brexit-uncertainty

Thats yer BMI gone bust because of brexit. First of many? I suppose BA and Ryanair are safe enough but what about Easyjet?

BA will probably go bust because of their shite customer service, even without Brexit. Ryanair and Easyjet have enough regional hubs around Europe for it to be manageable. I'm more worried about Flybmi who are just about insolvent and trying to find a buyer, and Logan Air who are connected to BMI. I have an interest to declare as Logan and Flybe do regular flights from Inverness and I'm booked on a Flybe flight in April. 

14 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/16/flybmi-collapses-blaming-brexit-uncertainty

Thats yer BMI gone bust because of brexit. First of many? I suppose BA and Ryanair are safe enough but what about Easyjet?

That is sad news.

I liked the colours  their aircraft were painted. So much prettier than EasyJet and RyanAir.

Union busting c**t. Hope his yacht sinks with all hands.
So much this. What he did at Grangemouth was a fucking disgrace and shoukd have been a warning to either Scottish or British govt about allowing him to control national energy infrastructure. He marches on though.... Buying up stuff and shrinking his tax bill. Soon he will be holding the govt to ransom over fracking or whatever else takes his fancy, and the great big well deserved TOLD YOU SO goes all the way back to 2013 when it became obvious just how malevalent a c**t this man is.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
36 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
Union busting c**t. Hope his yacht sinks with all hands.

So much this. What he did at Grangemouth was a fucking disgrace and shoukd have been a warning to either Scottish or British govt about allowing him to control national energy infrastructure. He marches on though.... Buying up stuff and shrinking his tax bill. Soon he will be holding the govt to ransom over fracking or whatever else takes his fancy, and the great big well deserved TOLD YOU SO goes all the way back to 2013 when it became obvious just how malevalent a c**t this man is.

Ratcliffe, Ashley & Green would be among my first candidates for an appointment with Madame Guillotine...........

56 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That is sad news.

I liked the colours  their aircraft were painted. So much prettier than EasyJet and RyanAir.

Definitely, The Embraer 145 is my all time favourite plane and that and the slightly smaller 135 were the planes used by bmi regional.  unfortunately when you have limited routes, small planes that are not fuel efficient even a drop of 1 passenger per flight can have a significant effect.

Fact of the matter is that easyJet and Ryanair continue to survive as they have a lot of route, lots of planes which are new and fuel efficient and can change their schedules to accommodate supply and demand quite easily.  They have the single trip routes sown up.

BA, Lufthansa, etc - they have traffic connecting into their hubs and are not as reliant on flights from a regional airport to another regional airport, hence why they concentrate of Gatwick and Heathrow.

There isn't really a place anymore for regional carriers unfortunately who don't have a big brother to keep them going during the bad times, Brexit uncertainty, global recessions, downturns, etc. 

Flybe are another good example, but with more planes, that are more fuel efficient and with more routes.  Hope a buyer can be found but they really need an owner like Virgin/Delta that was proposed recently as they are still struggling considerably (hardly surprising as their prices are eye watering).

4 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Flybe are another good example, but with more planes, that are more fuel efficient and with more routes.  Hope a buyer can be found but they really need an owner like Virgin/Delta that was proposed recently as they are still struggling considerably (hardly surprising as their prices are eye watering).

I use them quite regularly from Inverness to Birmingham for around £80 return, can't complain. Really hope they don't fold.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I use them quite regularly from Inverness to Birmingham for around £80 return, can't complain. Really hope they don't fold.

That is a good price - from Edinburgh it's always been outrageous.  I don't think they will fold - they have a couple of flights a day into heathrow which is good for connecting traffic and for getting to Southampton they are essential so I think a buyer will be found, depends on what they then do with the route network as they are faster than the train and there was always a good load on the Southampton flights.