Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

May supporters still claiming that she is going to get changes to the backstop.

”So it has been agreed beyond all shadow of a doubt that there are no unicorns, what will you do now?”

”I will keep looking for unicorns.”

Us leaving with no deal will hurt them more than it hurts us. Why should Europe tell us what to do? Who won the fucking war? You know what you voted for.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Us leaving with no deal will hurt them more than it hurts us. Why should Europe tell us what to do? Who won the fucking war? You know what you voted for.

^^^^ Wanted a unicorn for Christmas...

May supporters still claiming that she is going to get changes to the backstop.
”So it has been agreed beyond all shadow of a doubt that there are no unicorns, what will you do now?”
”I will keep looking for unicorns.”

And when she doesn’t find one it’ll be the EU’s fault.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ Wanted a unicorn for Christmas...

Does that mean we can resolve this mess by pointing out the disadvantages of owning a unicorn?

They are loud, they are smelly, they eat a lot and if you get them angry well that's probably the end of you.

Personally, I don't think I would ever want a unicorn.  Can we cancel Brexit now?

4 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Best short term outcome would now appear to be an extension to Article 50. It appears that the general consensus (including the MSM) for an extension would be a forgone conclusion without any mention that this has to be ratified by the remaining EU members.

It has been the stated EU position that an extension would only be granted if there was good reason, ie another referendum or a GE.

However it is something I think the EU would be flexible on.

There is an outside possibility of one of the new right wing governments blocking this; I don’t think it will happen but it’s possible.

I think it would be a brilliant scenario because Parliament would then be forced to decide between a Hard Brexit and revoking Article 50 which can be done unilaterally.

17 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Not particularly, but you do come across as the only person left in the whole world who can't quite grasp that a hard brexit is becoming more and more the likeliest outcome in this Westminster farce.

Actually, I think the government is going to fall first.   That removes from the equation.., the DUP and ERG,  who don't really represent anyone other then themselves.    

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There is an outside possibility of one of the new right wing governments blocking this; I don’t think it will happen but it’s possible.

I doubt it too, the likes of Hungary and Poland would suffer financially from UK cutting contributions after a hard Brexit. Italy have gone loony toons though, so I suppose anything is possible. Spain have an election coming up in April so I suppose someone might play the Gibraltar card to drum up support.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I doubt it too, the likes of Hungary and Poland would suffer financially from UK cutting contributions after a hard Brexit. Italy have gone loony toons though, so I suppose anything is possible. Spain have an election coming up in April so I suppose someone might play the Gibraltar card to drum up support.

Every European country would suffer to a greater or lesser degree from a Hard Brexit but some of these governments are anti-EU themselves so that could be the motivator.

I think it would be both hilarious and brilliant as I could not see any other outcome than revocation.

It would also destroy May politically.

The Brexiteers keep saying "we need to keep No-Deal on the table so that people will take us seriously".
I am trying to remember when I last took them seriously.  Not easy.
You could compare keeping the "no deal on the table" position with our position re nuclear weapons i.e. we have it, but we don't want to use it because if we do we know we will be f**ked for generations.

You could compare keeping the "no deal on the table" position with our position re nuclear weapons i.e. we have it, but we don't want to use it because if we do we know we will be f**ked for generations.

If nuclear weapons were to ever be used again in act of war, the world as we know it would come to an end. That won’t happen with Brexit, although it might get a bit shit.

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
19 hours ago, Fullerene said:
The Brexiteers keep saying "we need to keep No-Deal on the table so that people will take us seriously".
I am trying to remember when I last took them seriously.  Not easy.

Brilliant.  If nobody thinks of a solution in the next 6 weeks, we are going to have thermonuclear war.

Brexit Boost for the UK as Trump says post Brexit trade with the US will increase substantially, according to some papers.

Aye nae bother. Sub standard shite not currently allowed due to basic rules over products standards to flood every part of our lives is a bit of a mouthful tbf. Lets stick with Brexit Boost.