Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Guest Bob Mahelp
25 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Couldn't make it up...she asks for two weeks to go back to the EU and renegotiate the deal...EU immediately tell her where to get off. Now she comes back two weeks later, and asks for...another two or three weeks to renegotiate the deal.

So..by the time we have a 'meaningful' vote on her deal (with no renegotiation) it will then be 4 weeks (at best) before the leaving date. As has been said what feels now like thousands of times, the initial 6 bills which have to pass the commons, plus reams of legal text has no chance of passing before March 29th, and that's even if her deal was voted through.

A 'staged' no deal (in their words, there is obviously no such thing) must now be a stick on.

She's gambling that the EU will blink first. That's all she has left...she's bet the house on the EU caving in. 

37 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

She's gambling that the EU will blink first. That's all she has left...she's bet the house on the EU caving in. 

She'll try till the last moment to get her deal through, with or without concessions from Europe. If it fails she'll call a vote for a General Election. Her first and only loyalty is to the Tory Party, so she won't make any concessions across the House, which has been obvious from her communications with Corbyn. She also knows that the Tories will be fucked if they drag us out in a hard brexit. So she'll call a GE and A50 extension to reshuffle the cards. That's my optimistic prediction.

Using unparliamentary language isn't the way to do it as he chose to withdraw his remarks.

So in the last 6 months, Scottish MP’s have been subjected to racist abuse, sworn at, told to kill themselves and been barked at suggesting a female mp was a dog and you take issue with someone who is misleading the public thus lying being called out for said lying?

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She'll try till the last moment to get her deal through, with or without concessions from Europe. If it fails she'll call a vote for a General Election. Her first and only loyalty is to the Tory Party, so she won't make any concessions across the House, which has been obvious from her communications with Corbyn. She also knows that the Tories will be fucked if they drag us out in a hard brexit. So she'll call a GE and A50 extension to reshuffle the cards. That's my optimistic prediction.

If that happens I hope she’s denied an extension; all it takes is one country...

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If that happens I hope she’s denied an extension; all it takes is one country...

You'd prefer a hard brexit to a general election? My pessimistic forecast is that's her plan all along. 

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'd prefer a hard brexit to a general election? My pessimistic forecast is that's her plan all along. 

No I’d prefer her to call a GE then be denied an extension; I thought that was pretty clear.

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:
You're against lying MPs being outed as being liars?

Using unparliamentary language isn't the way to do it as he chose to withdraw his remarks.

:lol:

Shut up you fanny. Have you heard parliament any time in the last forever?

Has to be an extension now anyway as they can't get the legal jargon though by March 29th...unless of course there is no deal.

Don't think there will call a GE until the summer, by which time the Tories will have a new leader who will easily see off Corbyn. (doesn't matter who the new leader is). Meantime, agree that is still waiting on the EU blinking first, and playing a game of chicken with the entire EU economy. 

Still think the EU will hold the line, why shouldn't they..and it will all come down to how many MPs want any deal or no deal in around 3 weeks time.

37 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Has to be an extension now anyway as they can't get the legal jargon though by March 29th...unless of course there is no deal.

Don't think there will call a GE until the summer, by which time the Tories will have a new leader who will easily see off Corbyn. (doesn't matter who the new leader is). Meantime, agree that is still waiting on the EU blinking first, and playing a game of chicken with the entire EU economy. 

Still think the EU will hold the line, why shouldn't they..and it will all come down to how many MPs want any deal or no deal in around 3 weeks time.

If there's a No Deal the EU would have to impose a hard border in Ireland, or on Eire EU borders. Either that or f**k the Single Market. May's got a bigger card to play with than is generally thought.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

No I’d prefer her to call a GE then be denied an extension; I thought that was pretty clear.

If there's a No Deal the EU would have to impose a hard border in Ireland, or on Eire EU borders. Either that or f**k the Single Market. May's got a bigger card to play with than is generally thought.
The EU "taking back control of their borders" what a turnaround.

5 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

I'm not a 'yoon'.

6 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Nope, rules are rules. SNP at Westminster get treated with the same level of contempt that they show.

The trouble with being a complete fanny is you eventually reveal yourself to be one.