• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
John Lambies Doos

Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Bloody EU migrants, coming over here contributing £2,300 more each year to the economy than good honest British people.

I didn’t die in two world wars only to live to see this happen.

God Save The Queen and her Greek husband.

It's a load of shite though.

They are comparing EU workers with all British adults. The correct comparison would be EU full time workers vs British full time workers corrected for age and gender.

They also seem to have only counted benefits/services personally consumed when the reality is we all benefit from the NHS, education, infrastructure etc regardless of whether we personally use it.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's a load of shite though.

They are comparing EU workers with all British adults. The correct comparison would be EU full time workers vs British full time workers corrected for age and gender.

They also seem to have only counted benefits/services personally consumed when the reality is we all benefit from the NHS, education, infrastructure etc regardless of whether we personally use it.

Of course it's relevant, they're a net gain to the British economy. 

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Of course it's relevant, they're a net gain to the British economy. 

It's only a net gain if you believe that the work they engage in wouldn't be done if they didn't come here.

You also need to consider remittances and other money leaving the country.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's only a net gain if you believe that the work they engage in wouldn't be done if they didn't come here.

You also need to consider remittances and other money leaving the country.

You mean all that fruit is going to pick itself? Farmer Giles and his brexit-voting mates will be happy!*

*Not really - the only thing I'm looking forward to after Brexit is this lot getting killed and eaten by their serfs before the rest of us have to hone our hunting and foraging skills. 

Bloody EU migrants, coming over here contributing £2,300 more each year to the economy than good honest British people.

God Save The Queen and her Greek husband.

Did you not die in the Boer War also?

New trade deal with Japan imo. Must know the lingo from his very Japanese wife...

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

God Save The German Queen and her Greek husband.

FTFY

I had a head knock yesterday in work so I may have imagined this but I'm sure there was a woman on the BBC news channel who lived in Bulgaria who said it was great because it's like 50s Britain

Game's a bogey, lads. 

48 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I had a head knock yesterday in work so I may have imagined this but I'm sure there was a woman on the BBC news channel who lived in Bulgaria who said it was great because it's like 50s Britain

Game's a bogey, lads. 

Can we send all the Gammons to Bulgaria and cancel Brexit?

7 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45566205

EU ready to improve Brexit border offer. Dunno what you were all so worried about lads. Chill x

Interesting spin by the BBC.  At the same time as saying that Barnier confirmed that the EU will not compromise on the four freedoms, so Chequers is (still) dead in the water.

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Game's a bogey, lads. 

That's code for no blacks, muslims or "in your face" homosexuals.

I actually saw this on the news and they were a weird bunch. I've stayed in a friend's parents' house in one of those of British areas in the south of Spain. Pretty much everyone is an alcoholic with skin like Paul Hogan and pub quiz daft.

16 hours ago, Sooky said:

New trade deal with Japan imo. Must know the lingo from his very Japanese wife...

This is shit and not funny. 

1 hour ago, zidane's child said:

Does anyone know the date for the commons vote on the Chequers proposal will be roughly?

I may be wrong but I don't think a vote is a definite, it depends on Bercow.  The PM will make a statement and the Speaker will decide if it can be amended and voted on.

If I am wrong about this I am happy to be corrected.

I also think it could be as late as February before May must come back to the Commons with a final proposal.

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I may be wrong but I don't think a vote is a definite, it depends on Bercow.  The PM will make a statement and the Speaker will decide if it can be amended and voted on.

If I am wrong about this I am happy to be corrected.

I also think it could be as late as February before May must come back to the Commons with a final proposal.

Which February will that be ?  I predict 2029.