Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I may be wrong but I don't think a vote is a definite, it depends on Bercow.  The PM will make a statement and the Speaker will decide if it can be amended and voted on.

If I am wrong about this I am happy to be corrected.

I also think it could be as late as February before May must come back to the Commons with a final proposal.

Which February will that be ?  I predict 2029.

22 hours ago, welshbairn said:

...it would be dishonest for the programmes not to reflect that.  

:lol:

Honestly disgusted at the lack of solidarity and empathy in here for Sconats' independence brothers in arms on the Brexit side. Plain parochial xenophobia against the English.

On 18/09/2018 at 15:25, Detournement said:

It's a load of shite though.

They are comparing EU workers with all British adults. The correct comparison would be EU full time workers vs British full time workers corrected for age and gender.

If you're objecting to it as an insulting  comment about EU people being "better" than British people then that would indeed be the correct comparison

But that would be to miss the point entirely

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If you're objecting to it as an insulting  comment about EU people being "better" than British people then that would indeed be the correct comparison

But that would be to miss the point entirely

They have compared apples and oranges to promote the false idea that EU workers are Stankhovite heroes and British workers are feckless and lazy. It's a racist trope (everyone has heard "work like a *****") and it is obviously being promoted to further the interests of those who benefit from an elastic supply of labour.

Edited by Detournement

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

They have compared apples and oranges to promote the false idea that EU workers are Stankhovite heroes and British workers are feckless and lazy. It's a racist trope (everyone has heard "work like a *****") and it is obviously being promoted to further the interests of those who benefit from an elastic supply of labour.

^^^Missing the point entirely

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They said that many EU workers arrive fully educated and return home to retire, thus the greater net contribution to the UK economy. You're talking shite.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They said that many EU workers arrive fully educated and return home to retire, thus the greater net contribution to the UK economy. You're talking shite.

He’s been doing so for weeks now and will continue to do so whilst folk engage with him.

He’s an out and out troll who is still getting folk to bite.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They compared EU workers with the entire adult population of the UK (including students, OAPs and those unfit to work or who choose to work part time or not at all). Surely you can see that is a dishonest comparison?

Going down the road of applauding people for not using services is straying into hard right territory. I would argue that if you are here working you are benefiting from the UK education system whether you went to school here or not. As i pointed out yesterday earning a wage doesn't necessarily mean increasing economic output and the way they have measured the costs of services and benefits is in line with the idiotic household budget fallacy.

Edited by Detournement

7 hours ago, zidane's child said:

Does anyone know the date for the commons vote on the Chequers proposal will be roughly?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/final-say-second-referendum-brexit-mp-vote-theresa-may-conservatives-peoples-vote-a8543556.html

This may be more help full than my last response.

23 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

News conference on Sky news just now. It's fun watching that useless cuntress squirming on the edge of a nervous breakdown emoji38.png

Totally extraordinary news conference. She was sweaty and flustered. Bizarrely stuck to the script of the Chequers plan even though the EU have said no to it. EU have played a blinder here. No idea where she goes with this now. 

Either we stay in the EU or hard Brexit?