Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

21 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

What's wrong with Lammy?

*realises this is Britain in 2018

Oh, I get it :(

His recent performances have been pretty competent and on point, but he has history of enjoying the limelight a wee bit too much for my liking - á la Andy Burnham. Five years ago I would have levelled the same accusations at the lovely Emily Thornberry, but she has excelled on the Shadow front Bench. I hope Lammy carries on as he is doing, but for me, the jury's still out. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

His recent performances have been pretty competent and on point, but he has history of enjoying the limelight a wee bit too much for my liking - á la Andy Burnham. Five years ago I would have levelled the same accusations at the lovely Emily Thornberry, but she has excelled on the Shadow front Bench. I hope Lammy carries on as he is doing, but for me, the jury's still out. 

Thanks for that. P&B nonsense aside, it was a genuine question. I'm not in the UK so don't really see the day to day stuff but he's always impressed me. I agree that he likes the limelight, as witnessed with his MLK tribute act during the Trump visit but I genuinely like what he has to say (speaking as someone who supports the SNP, gave up on Labour a long time ago). I think someone like him might sway a few Scottish voters/English dontknows back towards the party. 

56 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

What's wrong with Lammy?

*realises this is Britain in 2018

Oh, I get it :(

No I don’t think you get it at all.

Firstly I am not a Labour voter but I am happy to see a genuine left-of-centre Labour leader.

Lammy seems a reasonable, committed politician but picks his causes carefully.  Not convinced he would follow a Blairite path if he were to become leader but equally not convinced he wouldn’t.

Any Labour leader is going to be pressurised into following a ‘moderate’ (for that read pretty right-wing) path.  Corbyn won’t succumb to that pressure, there’s not enough evidence to know how Lammy would react.

FWIW he’s probably a better choice than a lot of the pretenders.

254 Labour MPs voted for the Iraq War. 69 Abstained. None of them will  be party leader in the future.

Labour however have been reformed by the members and are now lead by a committed, lifelong anti imperialist. The SNP are still the same party who voted for the war in Libya.