Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Guest Bob Mahelp

I see that the c*nt H*nt is in Germany today threatening them that if they 'don't bend then the British peoples relationship with the EU will be soured'.

Two points here.

The first point is the change in tactics from the Tories. They've presented their wishlist and bag of magic beans to the EU and they expect the EU to rubberstamp it all without question.....if they don't (which they won't) then apparently it's the EU who are being 'inflexible and unreasonable'.

Secondly, as if the EU gives a flying f*ck about a country who have mainstream newspapers spitting out hate and lies about it on a daily basis. The relationship is already soured, and it's people like H*nt who are directly responsible for the madness.

It's faily obvious now that the Tories are abandoning any sense of reasonableness and are determined to pander to the extremists by going full-blown Farage into discussions from now on.  The Remainers in May's cabinet have lost the battle, and now the UK is in the hands of utter c*nts like Raab and Hunt, who are determined to follow the Daily Mail agenda.

F*ck them.  And f*ck Labour for supporting them.

19 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I see that the c*nt H*nt is in Germany today threatening them that if they 'don't bend then the British peoples relationship with the EU will be soured'.

Two points here.

The first point is the change in tactics from the Tories. They've presented their wishlist and bag of magic beans to the EU and they expect the EU to rubberstamp it all without question.....if they don't (which they won't) then apparently it's the EU who are being 'inflexible and unreasonable'.

Secondly, as if the EU gives a flying f*ck about a country who have mainstream newspapers spitting out hate and lies about it on a daily basis. The relationship is already soured, and it's people like H*nt who are directly responsible for the madness.

It's faily obvious now that the Tories are abandoning any sense of reasonableness and are determined to pander to the extremists by going full-blown Farage into discussions from now on.  The Remainers in May's cabinet have lost the battle, and now the UK is in the hands of utter c*nts like Raab and Hunt, who are determined to follow the Daily Mail agenda.

F*ck them.  And f*ck Labour for supporting them.

the EU are being inflexible. They have to be to protect the remains of the empire from crumbling if they give away anything.

I'm more convinced than ever we are having another referendum. Remain wins and we have civil unrest anyway.

6 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

the EU are being inflexible. They have to be to protect the remains of the empire from crumbling if they give away anything.

I'm more convinced than ever we are having another referendum. Remain wins and we have civil unrest anyway.

I would be quite happy with that type of civil unrest.  Raised BP from the gammonites, heart attacks all round and pressure off the NHS.  

Win/win.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I would be quite happy with that type of civil unrest.  Raised BP from the gammonites, heart attacks all round and pressure off the NHS.  

Win/win.

and fewer Scottish (Ayrshire??) gammon to vote against indyref2?

you could be on to something. 

Are you changing your vote in the next Brexit vote? I probably am. Was never happy getting lumped in with the anti immigration wankers but wanted a truly independent Scotland.

I'm slowly coming round to accepting that being part of the EU is a price worth paying.

Had some interesting conversations with Greeks and Norwegians as I sat round the pool while on holiday. Obviously just a snapshot of opinions 

8 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Are you changing your vote in the next Brexit vote? I probably am. Was never happy getting lumped in with the anti immigration wankers but wanted a truly independent Scotland.

I'm slowly coming round to accepting that being part of the EU is a price worth paying.

I voted Remain (just and no more). However horrible, venal and corrupt the EU is, the alternative shaping up appears as though it's going to be Charles Dickens meets JG Ballard in a rough pub where the beer's just run out, and the cider's past its' sell-by date.

I'd rather face down civil unrest after a second referendum with food on the shelves. As a type 1 diabetic I'd rather my insulin wasn't stuck in a port pending customs clearance from a spotty, hugely overworked 22 year old customs official who was dragged in from the dole queue after next March.

12 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

and fewer Scottish (Ayrshire??) gammon to vote against indyref2?

you could be on to something. 

Had some interesting conversations with Greeks and Norwegians as I sat round the pool while on holiday. Obviously just a snapshot of opinions 

Despite my many reservations about the EU I only voted 'Leave' because I thought it would help the Independence position.  A very badly judged position as I have said here many times since the vote and one which I sincerely regret.  :(

I have long argued that the EU needs reformed and one of the bad things about the Brexit debate is that it has became, understandably, polarised between Leave and Remain without any reasoned debate about the finer issues. 

Sadly that is a hallmark of many political and social arguments these days; highly polarised positions where reasoned discussion is lost.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m buying a crossbow tonight. Might buy a cow and some chickens too.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon the cow would be easy to hit but the chickens might prove tricky.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Despite my many reservations about the EU I only voted 'Leave' because I thought it would help the Independence position.  A very badly judged position as I have said here many times since the vote and one which I sincerely regret.  :(

I have long argued that the EU needs reformed and one of the bad things about the Brexit debate is that it has became, understandably, polarised between Leave and Remain without any reasoned debate about the finer issues. 

Sadly that is a hallmark of many political and social arguments these days; highly polarised positions where reasoned discussion is lost.

Not the sole reason to Remain but I'd never trust the Tories when it comes to implementing something or, in this case, negotiating EU withdrawal, as they will always put themselves before country (as we've seen) and do it in a way that doesn't suit average Joe. just you're well off types.

I know we cane Labour for their Brexit position, but I would have genuinely not been worried in the slightest at Labour negotiating Brexit as they want to still retain access to the EU's main benefits and avoid any potential economic problems through a hard Brexit.

Edited by zidane's child

1 minute ago, zidane's child said:

Not the sole reason to Remain but I'd never trust the Tories when it comes to implementing something or in this case, negotiating EU withdrawal, as they will always put themselves before country (as we've seen) and do it in a way that doesn't suit average Joe. just you're well off types.

I know we cane Labour for their Brexit position, but I would have genuinely not been worried in the slightest at Labour negotiating Brexit as they want to still retain access to the EU's main benefits and avoid any potential economic problems through a hard Brexit.

Except that wouldn't suit the EU so they'd be onto a loser as well. 

Nobody with any sense wanted to be the daft c**t that was in charge of the negotiations. Which is why Maybot got it.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

Except that wouldn't suit the EU so they'd be onto a loser as well. 

Nobody with any sense wanted to be the daft c**t that was in charge of the negotiations. Which is why Maybot got it.

I disagree

So us still paying into the EU fund for use of certain, not all, benefits, wouldn't suit the EU?

10 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I disagree

So us still paying into the EU fund for use of certain, not all, benefits, wouldn't suit the EU?

Corbyn has said he's against freedom of movement and being "rule takers", exactly the same position as May. You can't be in the single market without accepting the rules.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Corbyn has said he's against freedom of movement and being "rule takers", exactly the same position as May. You can't be in the single market without accepting the rules.

If push comes to shove Corbyn would be more flexible than May, also the greatest pressure he would be under would be from Remainers not hard core Brexiteers.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
If push comes to shove Corbyn would be more flexible than May, also the greatest pressure he would be under would be from Remainers not hard core Brexiteers.

Corbyn is really not the answer

Who else is going to be PM after the next election other than Corbyn or a Tory?

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What's the point in replacing one political party hopelessly divided on the EU with another political party hopelessly divided on the EU?

Corbyn is really not the answer

I agree. This Tory government are excruciatingly bad. Labour should get a landslide victory if there’s a snap election but with Corbyn in charge it would probably be close.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

What's the point in replacing one political party hopelessly divided on the EU with another political party hopelessly divided on the EU?

Same question to you as to JLD.

I’d rather deal with how things are  than how I want them to be.