Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 hours ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

Another pensioner who doesn't fit the stereotype.

Yes.  Remain.  SNP.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, it shows the absolute stupidity of the argument.

To think we fought in the war for the likes of pratts like Peppino Impastato

6 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

To think we fought in the war for the likes of pratts like Peppino Impastato

So which part did you fight in the war 73 years ago, or did you just shit your nappy or were a glint in the milkman's eye ?

7 minutes ago, pawpar said:

So which part did you fight in the war 73 years ago, or did you just shit your nappy or were a glint in the milkman's eye ?

Don’t be disrespectful.  I died in two world wars so you have the freedoms you enjoy today.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t be disrespectful.  I died in two world wars so you have the freedoms you enjoy today.

He probably didn't vote because he couldn't find an app for it.

Was it ever in any doubt ?

Jacob Rees-Mogg has said Britain is heading for a no-deal exit from the EU, and that leaving on World Trade Organisation (WTO) terms is now likely.

Presenting a phone-in on LBC, the prominent Tory MP and hardline Brexiter said: “I think we are heading to WTO and I think WTO is nothing to be frightened of.

“I think we should carry on negotiating until the end. I don’t think we necessarily need the theatrics of walking away, but the truth is that WTO is likely to be all that they will offer us.”

Was it ever in any doubt ?

Jacob Rees-Mogg has said Britain is heading for a no-deal exit from the EU, and that leaving on World Trade Organisation (WTO) terms is now likely.

Presenting a phone-in on LBC, the prominent Tory MP and hardline Brexiter said: “I think we are heading to WTO and I think WTO is nothing to be frightened of.

“I think we should carry on negotiating until the end. I don’t think we necessarily need the theatrics of walking away, but the truth is that WTO is likely to be all that they will offer us.”

He's currently running the UK

At least he's being honest about where things are heading right now unlike Theresa May. Most people still seem to be in deep denial over what could happen with the RoI-NI border because they forget or are blissfully unaware of how for example nobody in the former Czechoslovakia wanted a hard border between the Czech Republic and Slovakia after the velvet divorce but it was the inevitable outcome of no longer having a single market and customs union. Suspect Rees-Mogg couldn't care less about whether this ultimately leads to UI,  and views the DUP as useful idiots.

Reading the comments sections on the BBC, Independent, etc. is illuminating.

Apparently if the EU countries have difficulty exporting goods to us only they will have problems.  No recognition of how integrated manufacturing is, or that some of the goods may be vital medicines.

Also whist the Dutch have already recruited 960 new customs officers the appropriate government department can’t even confirm how many customs officers we employ.

If it were not so serious it would be hilarious.