Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Really? Alex Salmond and co assured us there would be no hard border after independence regardless of what happened on currency use and EU membership. It now should be abundantly clear to all that's not necessarily the case. A no deal or hard Brexit puts Scotland in a very difficult position because the rUK would be the main trading partner but will have needlessly isolated and impoverished itself Free State/Eire post-partition style, and there is no land border with the EU to pivot away effectively enough from that market to undo the damage caused by adding a border with the rUK into the equation. Kenny MacAskill is right in that priority number one right now for anybody who isn't completely obsessed with independence to a degree that is unhealthy should be reversing Brexit and not tilting at windmills with an indyref2.

How do you propose reversing Brexit when both main parties are committed to seeing it through.  It's like a bald man committed to growing an afro.  Try as hard as he might it's not going to happen.

And salmons made those statements when the UK was an EU member and Brexit wasn't on the horizon.

If there’s going to be a hard Brexit then there needs to be a no confidence vote against the government.

I reckon there will be a few Tories supporting this or abstaining but not enough for it to succeeed.  If it’s a straightforward vote it will be interesting to see how the likes of Hoey votes.

IMO the chances of a hard Brexit now look more real now than at any time before.

Could anyone see an outcome that wasn’t hard brexit coming from all this?
Perhaps if we had people who weren’t monumental fucking morons negotiating then we’d have a chance of a norway style deal (but whats the actual point of paying the same losing control/influence anyway?) but that these fannies are so cocksure because of ole blighty that we are somehow entitled to a deal? Wtf? Why aren’t people asking questions about this? Is there honestly anyone with a braincell arguing that brexit will be a good thing now?

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If there’s going to be a hard Brexit then there needs to be a no confidence vote against the government.

I reckon there will be a few Tories supporting this or abstaining but not enough for it to succeeed.  If it’s a straightforward vote it will be interesting to see how the likes of Hoey votes.

IMO the chances of a hard Brexit now look more real now than at any time before.

Labour will probably support a No Deal Brexit because "they respect the result of the referendum".

15 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Labour will probably support a No Deal Brexit because "they respect the result of the referendum".

Corbyn has always been anti EU. In some ways it's admirable that he is sticking to his principles there and not tapping in the easiest opportunity in the history of British politics. That admiration is far outweighed by the sheer lunacy of his refusal to take that chance.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Corbyn has always been anti EU. In some ways it's admirable that he is sticking to his principles there and not tapping in the easiest opportunity in the history of British politics. That admiration is far outweighed by the sheer lunacy of his refusal to take that chance.

Agreed Ross - I always get the impression that he still carries a bit of a back bench mentality even though he's the leader. I'd have more respect for him if he came out and said Brexit isn't going to work and we should have a fresh vote on it.

5 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Agreed Ross - I always get the impression that he still carries a bit of a back bench mentality even though he's the leader. I'd have more respect for him if he came out and said Brexit isn't going to work and we should have a fresh vote on it.

I'm quite happy with how things are going. Personally, I see two possibilities from a no deal brexit. The first is that the value of GBP continues to slide, my trips home see me increasingly wealthy and prosperous, culminating in me buying a castle as a holiday home, populating it with scheme dirties, and dying in the dungeon during a drink and drug fueled orgy over a bank holiday weekend. The second is that it will deliver independence for Scotland on a plate. I can handle either outcome.

Edited by Ross.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:
Nothing will happen.
They want riots and then ordinary people will be blamed.

No backstop,deal finished

To be fair to May her point about Northern Ireland having no democractic input over trade policy (such as a revived TTIP) with the backstop is one that remainers haven't bothered to address.

Neither of the main parties can blink on freedom of movement so unless the EU are willing to budge on that it'll be no deal.

To be fair to May her point about Northern Ireland having no democractic input over trade policy (such as a revived TTIP) with the backstop is one that remainers haven't bothered to address.
Neither of the main parties can blink on freedom of movement so unless the EU are willing to budge on that it'll be no deal.
No way the EU will blink on this

Becoming very clear now that we look set to leave the EU with No deal.

Theresa May won't be able to carry on as PM and a general election will be the inevitable outcome.

In that event I would like to see a coalition party formed from all who want to see us remain in the EU. That would be the only way the disaster of a No Deal departure could be avoided.

The election would be called on a basis of do you want to stay in the UK or leave without a deal. Surely to god the country as a whole would see sense?

Edited by ICTJohnboy