Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Thought this was a good read

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/opinion/boris-johnson-resignation-brexit.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Boris Johnson, a politician whose ambition and superficial charm far outstrip his ability, judgment or principles

For three days, that compromise held, until the first political delusionist, the Brexit Secretary David Davis, broke free, still claiming that in some magical future Britain could get almost everything it wanted, if only the country would just stand by its demands.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

There was an Irish woman (who I'm too disinterested to know about) on Newsnight last night being interviewed, as she's vice-something of the EU.

She was saying that the EU weren't able to negotiate yet, as Britain hadn't tabled any proposals, therefore there was nothing to negotiate? 

So if nothing has been negotiated, surely nothing has been agreed?

Was this the woman that said there hasn't been any discussions since March?

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

something like that, I was kinda sleepy 

from what I recall there was a woman on Daily Politics this morning responding to Jo Coburn basically saying that the EU haven't had any discussions because they haven't been given anything to discuss. Incredible patter if that's the case.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

from what I recall there was a woman on Daily Politics this morning responding to Jo Coburn basically saying that the EU haven't had any discussions because they haven't been given anything to discuss. Incredible patter if that's the case.

yeah, similar comments made last night

The EU will be more sympathetic to May as they know if they topple her then she will be replaced by a hard Brexiteer nut job. 

How flexible they are remains to be seen as they will also be aware, if the UK can cherry pick then what's to stop other EU countries doing the same?

I've always thought that the EU would move to more restricted freedom of movement rules that would give the UK an opportunity to claim victory and stop Brexit, maybe with another referendum. Looks even more likely now as the EU will laugh this new proposal away as soon as they get the chance to see it.

The EU will be more sympathetic to May as they know if they topple her then she will be replaced by a hard Brexiteer nut job. 
How flexible they are remains to be seen as they will also be aware, if the UK can cherry pick then what's to stop other EU countries doing the same?

Nothing, that's why the only outcome is scrap brexit in whole or no deal

39 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Anyone see the Dutch MEP who is deputy to Guy Verhofstadt in the Brexit negotiations on Sky News last night?

She ripped Dermot Murnaghan a new one before he came away with his usual mantra 'I'm sorry, but we've run out of time.'