Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, zidane's child said:

Can't believe she's going to survive this! They're now saying it would be stupid to challenge her leadership

Actually I can.  Whover was PM would be in the same position with the same problems with a majority of Tory MPs realising that their bluster is just bluster and with a growing number of business people being prepared to put their heads above the parapet and saying that business interests must be considered.

Anyway, wait until the EU come back and say the plan is not acceptable; then the real fun will start.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Was there not a part of you that voted Leave as well? Could they be the same part?

That part was the part that thought a big split in the Scottish/rUK vote would lead to a real push for Independence.  Guess I got that wrong too.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That part was the part that thought a big split in the Scottish/rUK vote would lead to a real push for Independence.  Guess I got that wrong too.

That's illogical Captain. Unless you were against independence.

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Gove has just pulled out of a long standing commitment at the last minute......hopefully more shenanigans today

I saw that, but he was at the Cabinet meeting this morning.  Surely he would not attend then resign?

I saw that, but he was at the Cabinet meeting this morning.  Surely he would not attend then resign?

Davis upstaged him and boris,his resignation (and liam fox) will have to be more spectacular

It is being suggested on the BBC website that the hardline Brexiteers will make life impossible for May; even if they lose a leadership election they will simply keep voting against her.

I would love this to happen but I am wondering if these folk really can be so stupid.  If they create that much division within their own ranks Corbyn might yet have a chance in a GE due to Tory voters not voting or losing votes to LibDems and/or UKIP.

Minority Labour government depending on SNP votes would be glorious.

27 minutes ago, Antlion said:

When we sign an amazing trade deal with the USA we’ll even be able to eat the hogs’ pickled feet.

So long as they’re washed in chlorine first.  I’m not eating them unless they’ve been washed in chlorine.

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Lots of battle metaphors flying around the Brexit nutcases this morning.

The Daily Mail in its lead article sets the tone.....'negotiators sent into battle with white flags'.....there's not much honour in Johnson 'being second over the top'........the UK will have 'colonial status'......May will 'stand and fight for the country'......Johnson 'declares war on Chequers plan'.

All that within the first paragraph.

It's a rather frightening view into the mind of your average right-wing fanatic. Do people really see this as a 'conflict situation' ?

What a pathetic, wee, parochial, backwards, inferior country the UK has become. Continually having the need to fight some kind of historical battles about something. Drag yourself into the 21st century, you utter c*nts.

This  ^^^ totally.

My guilty secret (not any more) is reading the comments in the Express, Mail, Sun. It's a constant stream of warfare metaphors. (and total stupidity)

When I was growing up in Scotland, I had an unfounded  dislike of  " the English"  but having lived among them for nearly a decade, I now realise that I was absolutely correct.*

* That was mainly for comic effect.  Of course they are not all f*ckwit c*nts but they do seem to be in the majority.  Several folk down here have expressed solidarity with the Scots re brexit but not the guy who wants to "cut out Sturgeon's tongue and shoot her in the head". 

You would think brexiters would understand 'taking back control'.  

Interesting that Barnier now believes 80% of Brexit has been agreed, given that the Brexit Chequers deal seems to want to go Carte Blanche on the 4 freedoms. Possibly he knows that's only for public consumption and the UK will accept access on EU terms down the line. At least it means a probable soft Brexit, albeit with a lot of damage already done.

It also seems unlikely that the Brexiteers have the strength to force a leadership election, and no obvious champion should they do so. Davis won't want it, Boris will, but the party will have seen right through him. Only Gove, should he walk, would seem like an obvious candidate, and even then it looks very unlikely he'd win. You also can't imagine a properly Brexity PM immediately going to the country for a fresh mandate. 

So, if May can hang on, she'll be in a position to concede to every EU demand for a soft Brexit, with no way of Labour outflanking her, and the Brexiteers marginalised.

Interesting that Barnier now believes 80% of Brexit has been agreed, given that the Brexit Chequers deal seems to want to go Carte Blanche on the 4 freedoms. Possibly he knows that's only for public consumption and the UK will accept access on EU terms down the line. At least it means a probable soft Brexit, albeit with a lot of damage already done.
I thought nothing was agreed until everything was agreed

18 minutes ago, renton said:

There was an Irish woman (who I'm too disinterested to know about) on Newsnight last night being interviewed, as she's vice-something of the EU.

She was saying that the EU weren't able to negotiate yet, as Britain hadn't tabled any proposals, therefore there was nothing to negotiate? 

So if nothing has been negotiated, surely nothing has been agreed?

Guest Bob Mahelp
47 minutes ago, renton said:

Nobody wants a 'no deal' (apart from the nutcases), and Barnier is saying this to help prop up May. 

I'd imagine the remaining 20% will be a customs arrangement which will be Norway-like in almost every way. This will also solve the Irish problem, and make the best....although it's still utter shite......of a bad lot.

I would also imagine that Barnier and the EU will allow May some kind of leeway to spin this as a 'victory for the UK', to try an enable her to save some kind of face with the extremists.

In reality though, we'll end up with BINO......which is what was always going to happen. 

Oh, and May will be gone within a year. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp