Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

There is some kind of weird timing issue going on here. In so many circles - both labour and conservative, that Boris is the great white hope that can get us (when I say us, I mean England) out of this mess. 
One of the smartest moves in his leadership campaign has been to avoid giving interviews and also this C4 debate. His team have clearly sussed that the less he opens his mouth the better his chances of leadership are.
How far can he go using this approach? Possibly far enough to see him installed as PM, but I can't see him lasting long in a position where he will have to make some speeches and take some decisions. He'll soon be found wanting - very wanting.
The same was said about a certain Mr Trump when he became president.

New survey shows more and more Britons quitting the UK in Brexit exodus

An international moving firm has said it has "never seen so many people leave because of the political climate" after learning that half of their customers leaving the UK in the past two years did so because of Brexit.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/john-mason-international-movers-report-brexit-exodus-1-6115285

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Westminster taking this Brexit malarkey really seriously. 4 months to go before the cliff edge so they decide to take a 6 week holiday.

https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1141641033832443905

I hear they're making Bojo PM on the 25th and are just going to shove him in a room with the nuclear detonation button as they jet off.

It’s depressing to think that it’s not the accusations of general uselessness, Marxism or anti-Semitism that will stop Corbyn from leading the largest party in Parliament but his intransigence on Brexit.

How will you get a deal agreed with the EU?

First, I'll negotiate a full stop to the backstop - a guarantee it can never be permanent.

Second, I'll secure a Union Guarantee in international law so that our United Kingdom cannot be undermined.

Third, I'll secure a Canada-style Free Trade Agreement which takes back control of our laws, borders and money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48682933

Gove: "Union Guarantee" - I'm sure the good people of the island of Ireland won't have anything to say about this

Edited by glasgow-sheep

The Guardian is reporting that the EU27 will only offer a further extension beyond 31 October if they’re guaranteed a GE or another Referendum.  This is not ground shattering news, just an affirmation of a previous position and an indication that the 27 are probably pissed off with the shenanigans and delays.

Heading for a Revoke v No Deal Brexit in Parliament I think. 

No Deal is still the default outcome and that's not good when a nutter like BoJo has his hands on the controls and can't easily be ousted through a confidence motion with TBP so high in the opinion polls. Corbyn's cynical antics have squandered many opportunities to avoid that outcome when it was a lot more achievable.

On 06/06/2019 at 23:34, BawWatchin said:

She's faced far worse tbh. But you'll never find our brave freedom fighting warrior hiding away in a bus like a complete coward. :)

From a potential acid attack??? Anyone being accosted by a stranger have every right to be hiding from potential nutters. Especially more high profile people than that Sturgeon woman.

4 hours ago, sfha said:

From a potential acid attack??? Anyone being accosted by a stranger have every right to be hiding from potential nutters. Especially more high profile people than that Sturgeon woman.

😂

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

The Eurozone is the defining feature of the EU now. If/when the Eurozone splinters the EU will have to change significantly.

I'm sure you'd get a similar graph for the UK economy and other countries not in the Eurozone.

34 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Dunno like. The UK did quantitative easing which the ECB didn't and it just made things similarly shit with all the money going to the rich. The UK could leave the EU and borrow massively assuming it had enough things to use as collateral to keep the yield manageable, and then use that spending to flatten out that line, and hell they might even do it for a while, but tories. 

The ECB came late to QE and managed to pump 4.65 trillion Euros into the financial system to help the rich. Included in that is an extremely dodgy 177 billion Euro corporate bond scheme which is completely secretive about which corporations benefited. The ECB managed to lose 50 million Euros buying bonds from the South African company which owned Poundland.

Like the BoE they announced the scheme was ending without actually unwinding it despite the unwinding being the reason stated at the launch as to why QE is different from printing money. They are now talking about restarting it due to poor growth.

While all these trillions of Euros were being distributed to the markets Greece's punishment continued with horrific consequences for working class people.