Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Wonder what they'll blame it on? COVID probably. They won't dare mention the 'B' word.

They always blame everything on Brexit not being hard enough, and that the government taxes them too much.

It's quite amusing to see their intermittent campaigns to get their customers on side for tax breaks. Allow us to contribute less to the public services that you use and we'll give you 15p off your pint  :rolleyes:

Edit: presumably Tim Martin's used to hearing that it's not hard enough and too taxing. Lol.

Edited by BFTD

Pre Brexit we could be at the Calais check in for the eurotunnel shuttle and 50 minutes later we were leaving Folkstone, that was the best time but it normally would take an hour start to finish, the other week from check in at Calais to Folkstone took 2 hours 5 mins, and that was without being pulled over by French Customs.

We also bought wine back which we had paid around 3-4 pounds per, a look in Tesco showed most at 7-8 per bottle, with the new laws we were allowed 24 bottles each, pre Brexit we would have taken at least double that.

The country now is a shambles with the BoE running the government, so much for the Tory party supporting the business and financial community which are now turning on them. 

Relations with Ireland are not where they should be,' NI minister admits

Northern Ireland minister Steve Baker has admitted Brexit supporters have not always acted in a constructive manner witth regards to the impact of the UK's EU exit on the island of Ireland.

Speaking in the main hall at the party's conference in Birmingham, Mr Baker said: "The thing I want to add, as one of the people who perhaps acted with the most ferocious determination to get the UK out of the EU, I think we have to bring some humility to this situation.

"It is with humility that I want to accept and acknowledge that I and others did not always behave in a way which encouraged Ireland and the European Union to trust us, to accept that they have legitimate interests, legitimate interests that we are willing to respect.

"Because they do, and we are willing to respect them, and I am sorry about that, because relations with Ireland are not where they should be and we all need to work extremely hard to improve that and I know that we are doing so."

Northern Ireland Secretary Chris Heaton-Harris said he had "learnt a lot in the last few years" about the links between the UK and Ireland.

He cited the common travel area and common energy market between Northern Ireland and the Republic as examples. 

"What we do independently in the United Kingdom, where we give £400 and other support to consumers of energy, actually can have some effect on the market in Ireland," he said.

"I understand the complications. Maybe we could have understood them a bit better sooner."

On the one hand, it can only be a good thing for one of the leading brexit protagonists to make an apology and acknowledgement of the wrong they have done. 

On the other, Steve Baker can absolutely, go and take a running f**k to himself.  He 100% knew what he was doing at the time, what the consequences would be and the offence as well as the harm that would be caused by using Northern Ireland as a stick to beat the EU with one week and then a distant barbarian irritation to be ignored the next.

The man is a complete and total hazard to humanity. and it is an entirely indicative disgrace that this zealot, this category 5 dangercunt is anywhere near government never mind the Northern Ireland office. 

I'd genuinely no idea that "Festival of Britain" bullshit actually happened.

Still, £120m is chicken feed compared to other spurious bullshit that the Conservative Party has got away with siphoning out of the public purse.

I would far rather have a relationship with the EU more like Norway do. Obviously as an independent Scotland.

The UK can't have that because the powers that be assume that everyone who voted for Brexit 'knew what they were voting for' and that was less bloody furriners. 

I want freedom of trade, freedom of movement but not necessarily a political union. 

I'm used to not getting what I want. I voted SNP for so many years in Gordon Brown's constituency when I knew I was wasting my time. It took until I moved up to supposedly no voting Aberdeen until I actually voted for the person who won.

24 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

That's the amazing thing for me Opinion on Remain/Leave was close but generally in favour of Remain in the year or so up till June 2016. On the night Farage said he expected a narrow majority for Remain (it could easily have gone the other way a week earlier or later) and yet discussion about rejoining is off the agenda, currently and for who knows how long - certainly not at the next GE and I suspect the one after that too.

7 minutes ago, btb said:

That's the amazing thing for me Opinion on Remain/Leave was close but generally in favour of Remain in the year or so up till June 2016. On the night Farage said he expected a narrow majority for Remain (it could easily have gone the other way a week earlier or later) and yet discussion about rejoining is off the agenda, currently and for who knows how long - certainly not at the next GE and I suspect the one after that too.

It's not even on the agenda for either major party so it's a done deal.

Whoever benefits from Brexit is getting what they paid for.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Brilliant, I would be interested as to how often he is troubled to work 80 hour weeks particularly in a manual job, maybe he could give it a shot before championing his cause.

Get these c***s shot. We're finally coming to one of the true reasons for Brexit, that being the mass scrapping of employee rights and protections so that a few select people can make more money and steal more wages, whilst those doing the work make less money for doing far more hours.

The shite these scumbags have been trying to get enact over protests aren't aimed at the environmental protestors but at unions, to try and stop legal action from unions who will try to stop the rights of workers being annihilated.

Also there's absolutely zero evidence that shows that working longer increases productivity. In fact all evidence shows the exact opposite.

Another point is that, like all greed, it's so short term. If folk are working more for less money then they'll not only have far less spending money but far less time to spend it. It's asking for recession, yet as long as a handful of people make even more money that they don't need, it will be worth it to them.

f**k the Tories so, so, so much. Absolutely scum to a person. There are no innocent Tories.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Get these c***s shot. We're finally coming to one of the true reasons for Brexit, that being the mass scrapping of employee rights and protections so that a few select people can make more money and steal more wages, whilst those doing the work make less money for doing far more hours.

The shite these scumbags have been trying to get enact over protests aren't aimed at the environmental protestors but at unions, to try and stop legal action from unions who will try to stop the rights of workers being annihilated.

Also there's absolutely zero evidence that shows that working longer increases productivity. In fact all evidence shows the exact opposite.

Another point is that, like all greed, it's so short term. If folk are working more for less money then they'll not only have far less spending money but far less time to spend it. It's asking for recession, yet as long as a handful of people make even more money that they don't need, it will be worth it to them.

f**k the Tories so, so, so much. Absolutely scum to a person. There are no innocent Tories.

I hope the people of Christchurch realise they have elected someone who is actively pursuing their disinterests and show him the door at the soonest opportunity. However because he is wearing a blue rosette he could probably stand on a commitment to nuke Christchurch and the locals would be queuing up to vote him back in.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:00, Clown Job said:

My family was 4 of those visitors. There was non obvious connection to Brexit and the “unboxed” branding was barely visible. We were just curious as to what an oil rig with trees growing on it was doing on the beach at Weston Super Mare. Incidentally the last big art installation there was dismal land which featured a migrant boat game. Possibly more of a brexit connection with that one.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

“They include workers rights, consumer law, health law, transport law, environment law, pension rights, holiday rights etc etc”

Just as well it’s nothing important then…