Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I'm sure you are all aware that the tory scum have now introduced a 'Bill of Rights' to replace the Human Rights Act which means that UK citizens will have no legal recourse or access with rights and freedoms in the European Convention of Human Rights. 

Take out of this what you will but I am reminded of another tyrannical political movement in the mid 1930's which made such laws to further their destructive ideology.

Anyway what has not been publicised re this bill, is that when the tory scum bent over to get a trade deal with the EU post Brexit that agreement included that both sides have to stay close to shared rules in areas such as workers rights and freedoms, any changes to those rights then the other side will introduce trade tarrifs.

Presently this new UK Bill of Rights is being discussed at the Council of Europe.

We are heading into a very real crisis which may well result in a recession, Liz Truss said today that one area that she will use to beat the threat is to cut taxes for big business, so while we the workers freeze or starve the likes of Amazon and BP will see their businesses thrive, fuckin sickening but it's what to expect from tory vermin.

I foresee national strikes as being the only way to bring these shites down.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Aye, worst case scenario they rent some temporary office space, no mention of moving back the 200 billion euros of assets they shifted from here to Germany after Brexit.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MacDuffman said:

Other half came back from Asda yesterday saying you're only allowed to buy 3 lots of meats now. eg: 3 chickens, or steak or mince etc or a mixture of only 3 types. She was told it was temporary but not so sure.

That sounds ominously like rationing by the back door.    Unless it really is just a supply hiccup.   I know which I think is more likely.

Don't know if it's Brexit or not, but today I was in a Co-Op and an Aldi. European white wines pretty thin on the ground but loads from South America and Australia. We were after some Italian white wines but had to go for Spanish instead. Would have preferred Frascati, or maybe a Pino Grigio but none to be seen. 

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Don't know if it's Brexit or not, but today I was in a Co-Op and an Aldi. European white wines pretty thin on the ground but loads from South America and Australia. We were after some Italian white wines but had to go for Spanish instead. Would have preferred Frascati, or maybe a Pino Grigio but none to be seen. 

Horrendous privation there.

Probably as bad as going 5 years without a cup win...

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

There are some very nice White Riojas.

29 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Aye but it was a bit weird seeing so few "popular" wines from Italy.  Must be these trade deals with Pluto or Uranus or wherever ET has been poking around with her copy of "Idiot's Guide to Trade Deals". 

I certainly have no desire to imbibe anything from Uranus.

7 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Wetherspoons putting 32 of it's pubs up for sale after announcing losses of £30M.

Feel sorry for any staff but F*** Wetherspoons. They were cheerleaders for the ongoing omnishambles that is Brexit.