Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

That trade deal we've all dreamed about with Syria is getting closer...

Tory ministers have offered "enhanced" trade status to Syria - whose regime has long been accused of war crimes.

A new post-Brexit Developing Countries Trading Scheme will offer 65 nations lower tariffs and simpler rules to ship to the UK from next year.

Originally, countries that wanted "enhanced preferences" in the scheme would have to sign and obey 27 international conventions.

They include issues such as racism, sexism, forced and child labour, torture, and corruption.

But ministers have now "rejected" that requirement, instead basing the decision on a country's "economic vulnerability".

The UK government defended the change, insisting Syria was already subject to “robust sanctions” that would ensure the regime didn’t benefit.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/uk-hands-enhanced-trade-status-27766057

Unfavourable trade deals for UK farmers does not surprise with the tories, consider that Farming has alway's been a traditional tory vote but with increased farming mechanisation as of 2021 there were only 104,000 farmers in the UK, even including their families their vote is not that crucial than it once was other than in major farming counties such as Somerset and Devon.

So they're going to get shit on to further the cause of Brexit.

Spare a thought for the poor Duke of Norfolk who lost his annual European Union £500,000 farming subsidy because of Brexit.

21 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

That trade deal we've all dreamed about with Syria is getting closer...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/uk-hands-enhanced-trade-status-27766057

A closer relationship with Syria is a good idea though.  If we ever fall out with Rwanda it’s an obvious second choice for our refugees.

"Oops.. Paging Mr Rees-Mogg.... Paging Mr Rees-Mogg... "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/04/it-was-a-brexit-export-champion-now-kent-brewery-has-one-eu-customer-left

Turns out that a brewery that used to do £600k business exporting to a couple of EU countries now has one customer left, bringing in £2k. 

The bloke from Berlin travels to the UK to collect the beer.  The brewery's export manager (a job on a shoogly hook if ever there was one) said - 

“The first time he came over, we were up all night trying to get him through customs at Dover and out of the country. He was stuck because of the paperwork. He used to come over for just one night, but now it takes four days because of all the problems.”

It's all going very well, isn't it? 

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

"Oops.. Paging Mr Rees-Mogg.... Paging Mr Rees-Mogg... "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/04/it-was-a-brexit-export-champion-now-kent-brewery-has-one-eu-customer-left

Turns out that a brewery that used to do £600k business exporting to a couple of EU countries now has one customer left, bringing in £2k. 

The bloke from Berlin travels to the UK to collect the beer.  The brewery's export manager (a job on a shoogly hook if ever there was one) said - 

“The first time he came over, we were up all night trying to get him through customs at Dover and out of the country. He was stuck because of the paperwork. He used to come over for just one night, but now it takes four days because of all the problems.”

It's all going very well, isn't it? 

Let's hope he's not over to pick things up this weekend.

Traffic on major routes in Kent have been brought to a standstill again due to delays in Channel crossings.

If I were the export manager from the brewery who supplied the quote I'd be a bit worried about my job.

1 minute ago, btb said:

Let's hope he's not over to pick things up this weekend.

If I were the export manager from the brewery who supplied the quote I'd be a bit worried about my job.

Oh Gawd. Delays in Kent? That's not those six French blokes not turning up for work again is it?

Taking back control - all working out beautifully. 😁

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Oh Gawd. Delays in Kent? That's not those six French blokes not turning up for work again is it?

Taking back control - all working out beautifully. 😁

Apparently delays at Calais are just as bad.

Two can play at that game!

I'm in France presently and I can tell you that hand on heart Brexit has been a shambles, how it happened is a fuckin catastrophe propagated by complete and utter thieves, little empirical englanders and fraudsters by the likes of Boris and his cohorts.

To be outside and looking in to a thriving business club makes us look like paupers.

We as responsible people have to dismiss this absurdity and push for an Independence referendum and rid ourselves of the vermin that caused this.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The unelected bureaucrats in Brussels will be raging about the trade deal with Mongolian KFC.

Mongolia was one of the countries doing military exercises with Russia recently. 

Not sure if this is a good look at the moment.