Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

As of 2021 440 firms in banking and financial services have relocated part or all of their business to the EU, they have taken 900 Billion Pounds of assets with them.

And more have done so since.

Investors are now looking at London City as a financial desert.

Fuckin great, serves the twats right.

19 hours ago, Left Back said:

Brexit obviously working.  England never got close to winning a football tournament while we were in the EU.

Stick Scotland down to win the world cup after next.

Does that mean that Wales are winning this one, with Northern Ireland taking Euro 2024?

6 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

He's such an utter c**t!

I understand that he is misleading, by omission. Portugal, which Rees-Mogg lauds as preferable to France, STILL require to date stamp our passports as we are a non-EU country, meaning that we have a maximum 90 day in any six month period limit on staying within the EU. 

Ignorant or intentionally misleading? These options are not, of course, mutually exclusive. 

I understand that he is misleading, by omission. Portugal, which Rees-Mogg lauds as preferable to France, STILL require to date stamp our passports as we are a non-EU country, meaning that we have a maximum 90 day in any six month period limit on staying within the EU. 
Ignorant or intentionally misleading? These options are not, of course, mutually exclusive. 
I think the biometrics are intended to monitor and record your entry and exit once this comes in rather than actual staff looking at dates on passport stamps. So far it's been difficult to enforce the 90 days rule this is intended to help do just that.

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:

He's such an utter c**t!

He's got one goal in life, to deregulate the City so his hedge fund can get hold of a chunk of the hundreds of billions banks and insurance companies have to keep in reserve in case of another 2008 or a really bad tsunami. Leaving the EU and getting Boris as a puppet was supposed to deal with it, but then there was Covid, the parties and Boris getting sacked. I imagine he thinks he can keep Liz under a really tight rein and get it done pronto, along with all the employee protection legislation etc. 

"Our" Test cricketers...

"Ignore her"

"No, No, No"

The mask isn't even slipping. It's off. The utter contempt Scotland is held in by Truss is quite something. We don't even show on Rees-Mogg's radar. Yet they just won't let us go. If the next referendum is No, we become just another region.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He's got one goal in life, to deregulate the City so his hedge fund can get hold of a chunk of the hundreds of billions banks and insurance companies have to keep in reserve in case of another 2008 or a really bad tsunami. Leaving the EU and getting Boris as a puppet was supposed to deal with it, but then there was Covid, the parties and Boris getting sacked. I imagine he thinks he can keep Liz under a really tight rein and get it done pronto, along with all the employee protection legislation etc. 

I think the man’s a fucking moron but dearie me Frustrated World Cup GIF

14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

How is that backing up your claim?

It's a sensible City type saying that even he's worried about Solvency II dismantlement.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a sensible City type saying that even he's worried about Solvency II.

I’ll repeat and clarify the question.

How is changing SII allowing JRM’s hedge fund to get its hands on that money? (Pension funds etc.) That was your claim.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’ll repeat and clarify the question.

How is changing SII allowing JRM’s hedge fund to get its hands on that money? (Pension funds etc.) That was your claim.

It's freeing up a huge amount of capital for investment that will be available for his firm and other hedge funds to funnel through their hands.. I wasn't suggesting it would go in his personal piggy bank, but there will be a big opportunity for a decent cut, along with the results of deregulating the banks. He hasn't exactly been shy about promoting it.

Edited by welshbairn