Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Brexit and the NI Protocol to become focus for Tory's going forward; so stupid.

• Whitehall insiders told the daily that Mr Johnson's administration was developing the plans partly in anticipation of a new constitutional crisis if Unionist parties, which reject the Protocol, refuse to re-enter the region’s power-sharing executive after the May 5 elections.
    • Under the proposed legislation, ministers would have unilateral powers to switch off key parts of the protocol in UK law.
    • This would include border checks on goods travelling to the region from Great Britain.

On 22/04/2022 at 07:52, Lofarl said:

It's ok, the Indian government passed legislation which discriminates against muslims while the BNP uses dog whistles to stoke anti muslim violence for political ends. I'm sure they can sell that to Tory voters. 

Plus the caste system. Plus removing autonomy for the troublesome Northern province. 

If they could just be a bit whiter they'd be perfect tories. 

29 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

So, effectively, if I've got this right, we now have the same passport rights as other EU nations in Portugal?

Doesn't that mean that we now have the same rights as we had pre-Brexit? Why is this being spun as good news?

4 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So, effectively, if I've got this right, we now have the same passport rights as other EU nations in Portugal?

Doesn't that mean that we now have the same rights as we had pre-Brexit? Why is this being spun as good news?

£350 million a week to the NHS.

13 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Because its not the bad news that we have to queue?

We've had to queue for 2 years. Now we don't. Good news?

Edited by Suspect Device

18 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Because we now have the same rights as we had pre-Brexit, of course it's good news. Brexit's been a bag of shite!

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Because we now have the same rights as we had pre-Brexit, of course it's good news. Brexit's been a bag of shite!

Just a guess, but was the Express headline MASSIVE BREXIT BOOST FOR BOOMING BRITAIN, by any chance?

22 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

It's being reported in the usual suspects as an embarrassing defeat for the (sinister) EU in their attempt to punish brits for the brexit rebellion.

The suggestion is that Portugal wants us so much they're going against EU rules for us. 

They're not of course. They're exercising their sovereign powers to make their own laws on border controls like all EU countries can do to a significant degree. 

It's not quite a return though because you can't easily stay as long as you like. 

It is good news unless you like airport queues, just not quite for the reasons some are implying. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Is 'a generation' not the UK government's preferred term?

A generation to take back control seems an awful long time do make such a positive change that will help us all.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

4th delay this time until the end of 2023. So perhaps Brexit will be done by 2024 if they can get Northern Ireland sorted out? Or are we going to make it a decade from referendum to completion?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61259832

Going by the state of the supermarket shelves around here, we would be starving in about a week if they implement the checks. Also a tacit admission in there that Brexit implementation is going to cost a fortune.

Almost everything Mogg is saying can be summed up by:

image.jpeg.6983b2dfa8c567cad96559c3d1fe1bff.jpeg

On 25/04/2022 at 18:24, Suspect Device said:

Because its not the bad news that we have to queue?

We've had to queue for 2 years. Now we don't. Good news?

The longest that I've had to queue was about an hour. Where did you have to queue for two years?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...