Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I find if I turn off JavaScript on the page/site I can read the full article. 

That's not the point, even if she is hell bent on trying to implement this policy that saw Lord Frost run for the exit, she ought to be doing so in the House of Commons under scrutiny of our representatives. Either that or in a press release on the gov.uk website.

On 24/12/2021 at 14:41, Soapy FFC said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36414761

Given the continuing increases to domestic energy bills, I wonder when Johnson, Gove and the other Brexit supporting ministers are going to cut VAT on fuel bills to help out the poor consumer?

Just received my quarterly bill today for electricity  

it’s almost doubled, and this is despite my using being roughly the same 

There's a dearth of bus drivers here. My social media is full of Stagecoach adverts looking for new drivers. Services have been halved and the local school was shut the other day as they couldn't run the school buses.

It's not entirely down to Brexit, but with the percentage of drivers who weren't British citizens you've got to imagine it's played a significant part.

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

There's a dearth of bus drivers here. My social media is full of Stagecoach adverts looking for new drivers. Services have been halved and the local school was shut the other day as they couldn't run the school buses.

It's not entirely down to Brexit, but with the percentage of drivers who weren't British citizens you've got to imagine it's played a significant part.

I'm a dreadfully cynical b*****d, but I wonder exactly how upset Stagecoach and First are about their shortage of drivers. This gives them a great opportunity to cut the lesser-used (and less profitable) services, like they've always wanted to do anyway.

I'm finding getting my hands on certain industrial chemicals to be a massive ballache since Brexit.  Used to place orders and get them within a fortnight (three weeks max), but yet again I'm currently still waiting on goods that I ordered four months ago.  Going to have to default on work unless materials arrive this week. 😔😠

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm finding getting my hands on certain industrial chemicals to be a massive ballache since Brexit.  Used to place orders and get them within a fortnight (three weeks max), but yet again I'm currently still waiting on goods that I ordered four months ago.  Going to have to default on work unless materials arrive this week. 😔😠

The company I work for are struggling to get standard parts. They used to have thousands in stock and would replenish regularly.  These parts all come from Italy and the last few months they've completely run out and the new lead times are weeks rather than days.

It's causing backlogs with the potential of lost work.

Brexit, eh. What a laugh

3 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

The company I work for are struggling to get standard parts. They used to have thousands in stock and would replenish regularly.  These parts all come from Italy and the last few months they've completely run out and the new lead times are weeks rather than days.

Aye, think it's Germany that the goods come from in our case.  Dealing with the supplier is like working with Begbie these days.

"All they f***ing chemicals? No f***ing way"

tumblr_n50kexnEkt1rw5ldko8_r1_250.gif.abca453e0c986dd55f0659dd9d00668a.gif

56 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Aye, alright Walter.

download.jpeg-14.jpg.fd351dd884fb321b2d81cabef1d3e4b6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2022 at 10:19, welshbairn said:

image.png.fb9a32602e477778d693d21b1e6431da.png

Well, only if you think getting £30 when your Ryanair domestic flight is delayed more than 3 hours is better than £220 as now.. :1eye

"Ah sure now, we're based in Dublin which is in the EU and you're not, so you can feck off with your claim under the 2021 Michael O'Leary Brexit clause ya bollocks"