Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I nominate Liz Truss. When she packs it in after a fortnight, next in line would be Priti Patel. I'd happily see both of their careers sink without trace. 

The Tories are in full banter mode now.

giphy.gif

They did it. The crazy sons of bitches they did it.

This really, really is the stupidest timeline.

Your Brexit Minster who’ll negotiate better deals that she herself doesn’t believe are possible 😂. Amazingly not a single Pro Brexit minister stepping up, almost like they know what they promised is undeliverable.  

The UK is absolutely fucked Leave promised the moon and free Unicorns for all which simple can’t be delivered.  They also promised we held all the cards which means we can’t U-Turn as 51% will turn on them as they believe the EU will cave any day.  Too many of the General Public can’t grasp that no one can give them what was promised so Labour are shit scared to go against Brexit as it’s election suicide.

we have one way out of this mess and that’s Independence from this xenophobic Right Wing car crash of a Union. 

D9B9ADBC-5C8F-48A9-8E8E-9B026DEF3D7C.jpeg

12 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Your Brexit Minster who’ll negotiate better deals that she herself doesn’t believe are possible 😂. Amazingly not a single Pro Brexit minister stepping up, almost like they know what they promised is undeliverable.  

The UK is absolutely fucked Leave promised the moon and free Unicorns for all which simple can’t be delivered.  They also promised we held all the cards which means we can’t U-Turn as 51% will turn on them as they believe the EU will cave any day.  Too many of the General Public can’t grasp that no one can give them what was promised so Labour are shit scared to go against Brexit as it’s election suicide.

we have one way out of this mess and that’s Independence from this xenophobic Right Wing car crash of a Union. 

D9B9ADBC-5C8F-48A9-8E8E-9B026DEF3D7C.jpeg

There's always been 2 things I've never liked about her.

Her face.

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I accept that in 2019 Labour were damaged by demands for a second referendum but that was because they were so ambivalent in the first.

"Oh hang on.  Never guessed that you might vote Leave.  We will have to do it again."

Sitting on the fence did all the damage.

They didn't sit on the fence in the first one though. You can make criticisms of how the campaign was conducted but Labour were clearly a party for Remain in 2016 and then had their best election result in over a decade when they "sat on the fence" as you put it. It was reneging on that which fucked them which is exactly what the people in charge of the People's Vote wanted to happen.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not expecting Labour to talk about the EU at all, but if they get into power just agreeing to common standards and acknowledging the European Courts would remove most of the ridiculous red tape being brought in post brexit. A UK government not bound by the ERG and capable of rational discussion would be a welcome relief to the EU.

A serious Labour Party might but this current guise is fundamentally unserious and incapable of rational discussion. They'll be rammed about by the EU and deservedly so.

21 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

They didn't sit on the fence in the first one though. You can make criticisms of how the campaign was conducted but Labour were clearly a party for Remain in 2016 and then had their best election result in over a decade when they "sat on the fence" as you put it. It was reneging on that which fucked them which is exactly what the people in charge of the People's Vote wanted to happen.

A serious Labour Party might but this current guise is fundamentally unserious and incapable of rational discussion. They'll be rammed about by the EU and deservedly so.

No, no they were not.

Jeremy Corbyn is responsible for giving the impression that they were happy to leave and for those that remember their stance in the 70s, it wasn't subtle.

The rest is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, sophia said:

No, no they were not.

Jeremy Corbyn is responsible for giving the impression that they were happy to leave and for those that remember their stance in the 70s, it wasn't subtle.

The rest is irrelevant.

I don't actually disagree but it's more because politics is dominated by clueless morons and vicious freaks who you wouldn't trust to tell you the time and here you are parroting their nonsense 5 years later. Some going.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I don't actually disagree but it's more because politics is dominated by clueless morons and vicious freaks who you wouldn't trust to tell you the time and here you are parroting their nonsense 5 years later. Some going.

That might make you feel good but Corbyn clearly failed and no amount of invective will salve the misadventure

Very little I wouldn't do to be a fly on the wall at those EU negotiations now.

There's a long-running and acclaimed sitcom still to be made about this government's attempts to communicate with Johnny Foreigner.