Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

There's a shortage of HGV drivers in the EU as well. Britain is in a worse position, sure, but we aren't the only ones having a problem. 

https://www.globalcoldchainnews.com/driver-shortage-is-pan-european/

Unfortunately, the shortage in the EU rather compounds the problem. Why would an EU lorry driver come to the UK, even if given a special visa, when there's a shortage in the EU too and they can move with less hassle? Could be an interesting "name your price" negotiation, I guess.

Tesco need to try and do what they can, but there is no realistic chance of their asks solving the problem; there simply aren't enough lorry drivers in Europe. Brexit has made the problem worse, but it is not the main factor. 

In the meantime, I think the only solution available to get goods moving is to clog the roads up with Transit vans, since anyone with a driving licence can drive those. 

33 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

As I said on another thread, we're seeing the end of the United Kingdom on a daily basis and in real time.

20 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

This Taking Back Control is working out just fine. 

This is creating great opportunities.

I already know of people who have applied to take their HGV.

Once Covid fades away all the people doing useless security jobs, test and trace and whatever will gravitate towards the productive economy.

Short-term problem but the market will solve it.

Time for Remoaners to get over it!!

Guest Bob Mahelp

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/23/bp-rations-petrol-and-diesel-deliveries-to-its-service-stations

These new HGV drivers better get a feckin shift on. 

I'm away out to find myself a turkey to kill for Christmas, before our Xmas lunch turns out to be spam and a stick. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

So you're quite happy to see the country grind to a halt on the back of the most short-sighted, self-inflicted, xenophobic attempt to re-create some mythic Golden Age of 'Great Britain' striding the global stage because at some future point there will be* great opportunities? 

*File alongside the great trade deals.

19 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I already know of people who have applied to take their HGV.

Once Covid fades away all the people doing useless security jobs, test and trace and whatever will gravitate towards the productive economy.

Short-term problem but the market will solve it.

Time for Remoaners to get over it!!

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f.jpeg

4 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

So you're quite happy to see the country grind to a halt on the back of the most short-sighted, self-inflicted, xenophobic attempt to re-create some mythic Golden Age of 'Great Britain' striding the global stage because at some future point there will be* great opportunities? 

*File alongside the great trade deals.

It’ll happen sooner than you think.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Quick enough to stop this? 

The National Farmers’ Union (NFU) is calling for an urgent Covid Recovery Visa to allow firms to recruit from outside the UK to alleviate “crippling” labour shortages across the supply chain - a problem largely blamed on Brexit.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Will it f**k. 

And what's more I suspect that YOU know it's over. Financially, we are hemorrhaging income due to catastrophic export figures. For example, we dropped 2.5 BILLION pounds in the first seven months of this year to IRELAND ALONE. 

We have no friends. We have no trade deals to speak of. We have no workers. We have no goodwill anywhere of note and we are seen for what we are- a completely inept clusterfuck run by inbred incompetents and inhabited by pitchfork wielding racists. 

We are seen abroad with a mixture of pity, scorn and incredibility.

We'll never get that back.

1 minute ago, speckled tangerine said:

Will it f**k. 

And what's more I suspect that YOU know it's over. Financially, we are hemorrhaging income due to catastrophic export figures. For example, we dropped 2.5 BILLION pounds in the first seven months of this year to IRELAND ALONE. 

We have no friends. We have no trade deals to speak of. We have no workers. We have no goodwill anywhere of note and we are seen for what we are- a completely inept clusterfuck run by inbred incompetents and inhabited by pitchfork wielding racists. 

We have blue passports and crown stamps on glasses. Didn’t see fit to mention those, did ye? 

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

crown stamps on glasses

We only lost them 17 years ago so I presume it was a new labour thing rather than brexit.

I guess an upside is England pumping sewage into their water ruining their water quality when the EU already won't touch some of their stuff grown in water.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have the Dawson Park guy on ignore but cannot believe how successful his trolling is with posters who should no better.

I know, I know. It's probably Tom Martin on the wind up in the Express office. Sorry I pished in your cupboard Tom.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have the Dawson Park guy on ignore but cannot believe how successful his trolling is with posters who should no better.

He absolutely reached his peak along with the other band of merry fucking batshit mental moon howlers on the Coronavirus thread. 

3 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

I know, I know. It's probably Tom Martin on the wind up in the Express office. Sorry I pished in your cupboard Tom.

Take a look at the stock market.

Great barometer of how the economy is going.

Maybe a few less pizzas over the short term might help the diet.

Never read so much nonsense.

Thank goodness we’re light years away from independence.