Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Brexit being pushed back again as the Northern Ireland Protocol has been extended indefinitely so GB/NI trade can flow. How is anyone who trades between GB and NI meant to plan when everytime the changes come in they push them back, such a strange way to run policy.

Indefinitely postponed now, and EU seemingly accepting that. It's almost as if they are actually able to manage the 'threat' to the SM away from the border, but of course that can't be the case. They can only do that for cigarettes and alcohol.

7 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

EXCLUSIVE Britain no longer in top 10 for trade with Germany as Brexit bites
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exclusive-britain-no-longer-top-10-trade-with-germany-brexit-bites-2021-09-08/

Sunlit uplands.

They need us more than we need them etc etc etc.

On 07/09/2021 at 22:54, bendan said:

Indefinitely postponed now, and EU seemingly accepting that. It's almost as if they are actually able to manage the 'threat' to the SM away from the border, but of course that can't be the case. They can only do that for cigarettes and alcohol.

The Irish PM saying he expects import controls with the EU not just NI to be extended again. 

Are we actually ever going to finish Brexit?

Looks like the DUP are going to collapse the NI assembly thanks to Boris' wonderful political skill.

I know a lot of people band about Boris being the worst PM ever line but should this happen it's not even going to be close.

9 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

the significant drop in trade with Germany hasn't affected me one bit as far as I can see. More scaremongering.....

It's worse than you imagine in Germany... why, just last night the German national football team tried to claim asylum after a clearly planned "emergency" landing at Edinburgh airport. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58501227

The feds obviously didn't fancy a diplomatic incident with the Germans, so after a few hours, they were on their way. 

(Well, that might be how some rabid Brexiteers will see it.... 😏

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58501527

Now Three are starting to charge for roaming.

I love the doublespeak that they use to justify the introduction of charges;

"In a statement, Three said: "The new charge ensures that customers are clear on what they will pay when using their phone in another country and only those who roam will pay for the service.""

I was clear on what I paid, nothing, it was already included!!

So far we have evidence that exports from the UK to Europe have bombed, we are literally throwing shite into the sea and we know that the NHS is unable to provide medication or perform simple tasks like blood tests.

We know that food is rotting in fields, prices are up in supermarkets (and generally) and the lack of staff is harming business generally. We see that supermarkets are running out of basic items. We know that incremental expense such as roaming is/will be coming.

Any fucking benefits yet?

2 hours ago, 101 said:

The Irish PM saying he expects import controls with the EU not just NI to be extended again. 

Are we actually ever going to finish Brexit?

I take it you mean 'the grace period on import controls ..'

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It's worse than you imagine in Germany... why, just last night the German national football team tried to claim asylum after a clearly planned "emergency" landing at Edinburgh airport. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58501227

The feds obviously didn't fancy a diplomatic incident with the Germans, so after a few hours, they were on their way. 

(Well, that might be how some rabid Brexiteers will see it.... 😏

They were actually planning to disembark but then someone who had read a remain leaflet explained that they needed visas post-Brexit. And the Der Spiegel correspondent on board told them there was nothing in the shops anyway, so no point.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

This and roaming are just examples of why companies need regulated, and just not left to market forces and self regulation, because given the freedom to do as they want they will just rip the p*sh.

3 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

This and roaming are just examples of why companies need regulated, and just not left to market forces and self regulation, because given the freedom to do as they want they will just rip the p*sh.

Not sure about Paypal being the same as the roaming cartel. There are many other ways of paying for shit than Paypal so if you don't like the charges, then use another method. 

The mobile companies are all acting in concert which to me looks like a cartel. Unless one of them isn't raising roaming charges.