Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Brexit exodus – ‘EU workers have left and aren’t returning...we’ve never seen anything like this in 20 years’
https://www.business-live.co.uk/economic-development/brexit-exodus--eu-workers-21105531

Surely this is wrong, didn't all these immigrants only come to this country for the freebies?

On 23/07/2021 at 12:19, Lofarl said:

There’s no point in laughing at people that voted leave and now realise that it was a shite idea.

People have been fed shite news stories for decades about Brussels bureaucrats measuring the length of bananas or the weight of sugar cubes.  Couple that with some sense of entitlement over our brave boys in ww2 and this was inevitable.

I don't know about "no point". 

It's a constant education for me. I would have thought that someone who relied on cheap continental labour and beer wouldn't have been stupid enough to vote against their own interests. I thought Wetherspoons c**t would be a real outlier. 

I've always regarded the notion of "false consciousness" as middle class do gooding bollocks but Brexit's like a textbook case study of it. 

16 hours ago, coprolite said:

I don't know about "no point". 

It's a constant education for me. I would have thought that someone who relied on cheap continental labour and beer wouldn't have been stupid enough to vote against their own interests. I thought Wetherspoons c**t would be a real outlier. 

I've always regarded the notion of "false consciousness" as middle class do gooding bollocks but Brexit's like a textbook case study of it. 

False consciousness.  Not heard that phrase for a long time.

53 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The gammon horde who have a hard on about war will love this.

Rationing, Blitz spirit, Captain Tom and all that.

Yes.  Let's not forget that WW2 gave us Rhubarb Crumble.

Supermarket seems to be out of that too.  I don't understand.

7 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I'm on holiday in Ireland with fully stocked shelves, pubs open for indoor drinking and fields full of beef cattle selling for good prices and exporting well. (For the benefit of some twat who was the farming expert). This was on the news here and they're laughing their arses off. 

10 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

I'm on holiday in Ireland with fully stocked shelves, pubs open for indoor drinking and fields full of beef cattle selling for good prices and exporting well. (For the benefit of some twat who was the farming expert). This was on the news here and they're laughing their arses off. 

Heard you had to be double jagged to drink indoors?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Heard you had to be double jagged to drink indoors?

Yeah. Irish/EU citizens need their letter/QR code proving double vaxxing.  They've been strict on the doors of establishments with this. Children don't need this if they are with indoor diners, but all adults need to leave contact details.

The weather has been glorious so we've remained outside. Grey area as to our Scottish Government letters would be accepted or not. One place said yes (hypothetically). Another said they wouldn't be sure.

11 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

The news presenters? 

1 hour ago, speckled tangerine said:

Punters and folk around the pub.

The news presenters leave that kinda thing until they're off air.

I'm sure they were! Probably in hysterics... 

Edited by SANTAN

28 minutes ago, pawpar said:

Honda workers in Swindon to face 'reality check' after it closes

Swindon EU vote - Leave 54.7% Remain 45.3%.  f**k them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-57987601

Bit of a shame for any of the 45.3% all the same.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Seems production is going back to Japan rather than to an EU country, the switch to electric was probably another reason on top of Brexit. 

This sort of thing is to brexit as extreme weather events are to man-made climate change. 

You can't say for sure that CO2 emissions caused any one particular typhoon to cause floods, but you can be confident that it would have been less likely without. 

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

This sort of thing is to brexit as extreme weather events are to man-made climate change. 

You can't say for sure that CO2 emissions caused any one particular typhoon to cause floods, but you can be confident that it would have been less likely without. 

Wholeheartedly agree, but with mainly tariffless deals made with both the UK and the EU, and a full retooling on the cards for the switch to electric, and Brexit on top, it probably wasn't a hard decision to bring the jobs back home. I'd assume the shipping costs are fairly marginal.